1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Hillary or Condie in ‘08?

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by Sufferin' Prius Envy, Dec 2, 2005.

?
  1. I would vote for Hillary and she would win.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. I would vote for Hillary but she would lose.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. I would vote for Condie and she would win.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. I would vote for Condie but she would lose.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. malorn

malorn Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Could be, i don't know much about him, but I was impressed at the Democratic convention.

2. AlphaTeam

AlphaTeam Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I would LOVE to see them run against each other.
    I dream of that race.

That would be the best chance for the Libertarians to get out in to the public. Not that I don't think that a women is not qualified. I just bet that a lot of people would think so and look for an alternative to the two main parties.

3. AlphaTeam

AlphaTeam Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius

Also...you need to add...I'd vote for neither. Both the Repubs and Dems can jump in the lake for all I care.

4. Tempus

Tempus Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Hmm

If Hillary can't win this (PriusChat) demographic, I think she might be in trouble in a national race.

5. malorn

malorn Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid

I agree, I think nationally there is probably 33% that will vote for her no matter what, and about 50% that wouldn't vote for her no matter what. She would have to be perfect with the 17% undecided. The Democrats will lose again wiht her as their candidate. She is from the Northeast, she is liberal(even though she is trying like mad to change that perception) and the whole thing about earning her stripes. I think that Bill will be a net positive, but there is more that could come out about the whole Monica mess and when and what Hillary really knew about Monica. Right or wrong Hillary does not have Bill's charisma. He is a likeable person and she is not.

6. Subversive

Subversive New Member

Vote for Hillary or Condie? I'd sooner take my own life.

7. Bill60546

Bill60546 Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Run Condi Run!

However, I must admit in complete honesty, that I would vote for anyone, and I mean anyone, rather than Hillary. McCain, Powell, anyone but Hillary. Gee, lets see, a Condi/Powell ticket. The Democrats would just implode. Considering the left of center position, of which I include myself, within PC, the current poll results are quite encouraging.

Save us Condi!

8. dogtrainer

dogtrainer New Member

Hillary, no man with a set would vote for that, heck she isn't even a woman. No one is sure what she is , all we know is she is not human or female. No one ever blamed Bill for Monica once they say Hillary, wow she is truely a poster child for birth controll. I would vote for Rice either but at least she is a lady

9. tag

tag Senior Member

I voted days ago but just noticed that and fixed it. Hope you don't mind. :)

Oh, and let me know if, for some reason, you want to add Bill Merchant to the poll.

Clinton/Merchant in '08!

10. LaughingMan

LaughingMan Active Member

??

Uhm. Ok. Real mature.

11. LaughingMan

LaughingMan Active Member

Condi won't run. She doesn't have a chance what with the whole spinster thing...

Remember, the Republicans are about family values, and as much as it pains me to say it, it's important for image's sake to have a significant other, and a couple of kids.

12. DaveB

DaveB New Member

I can't tell much difference between Condie and Hillary -- apart from party affiliation. Is there a third choice?

13. OUscarb

OUscarb Member

It seems all Hillary could do at the SOU speech, was glare, frown, and shake her head in a most childish and inmature way. Sorry, 0 class if you ask me.

14. DaveB

DaveB New Member

So, aside from the facial expressions, how different are they? I certainly hope we don't vote for people based upon their frowns or smiles. Their ideas aren't very far apart. They both live in the safe, comfortable middle. It's only party affiliation that separates them.

15. fshagan

fshagan Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Well, at least the communist party you belong to still has some members.

16. fshagan

fshagan Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Condi is absolutely loved by the religious right, so she could win the primaries.

The problem I see with the primaries is that either candidate could get the "big MO" early in Iowa and New Hampshire, since the voters in those two states are far to the edges of their particular party (Dems very left, Repubs very right). It narrows the field too much.

Plus, Morris' polling data is about people who have name recognition right now. Typically, our candidates don't have name recognition this far out. Tonight, the Dems had a very good response to the State of the Union, with the new governor from VA. A likable guy, seems middle of the road, and he could be a force in the primaries. The Repubs have governors like Pataki and Mit Romney waiting in the wings too. While these folks don't poll well right now, they could easily be the winner in a battle between the far right or left candidates that duke it out. Hillary vs. Gore vs. Kerry in Iowa may leave room for the VA gov (what's his name?) to garner the nod. Same thing with religious right folks like Condi, JC Watts, George Allen and others.

When is the last time a Senator or Congressperson ran for President and actually won, without having an intervening stint in an executive office somewhere? Kennedy? We tend to favor governors and others from the executive branch to fill our Presidential office.

17. fshagan

fshagan Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Libertarians have proven for over 25 years that they cannot win a national election. Non-partisan elections, maybe, or state-level elections, but they usually pull behind the Green Party. You may as well leave the ballot blank as vote for them. No true third party has ever won an American Presidential election.

18. fshagan

fshagan Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    You can't tell much difference? Do you know anything about them?

Hillary is far left liberal, and Condi is far right Religious Right. Both are damn smart.

But they are as different as Lawrence Tribe and Jerry Falwell, Barry Goldwater and George McGovern, Lincoln and Douglas. You can't pick two people at more opposite ends of the political spectrum in modern politics.

19. Schmika

Schmika New Member

Condi would get my vote if it were a Condi/Hillary choice. If we bring Barack Obama into it, then choose between he and Colin Powell...I would take Colin (Obama too "new/young/green") to know how he would be.

20. geologyrox

geologyrox New Member

I hate to admit it, but I think that this particular set of candidates *would* be what breaks us out of our two party system. While I have nothing against Hillary, a lot of people do - and a lot of people are just plain not ready for a female president. I think libertarians would at least stand a chance at taking the election if these were the other choices.