1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Hip point

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Main Forum' started by hyhi, Jul 21, 2018.

1. hyhi

hyhi Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    OK so it’s probably been asked before. I have a 2016 Prius and I’m wondering compared to 2018 Camry hybrid XLE, by the way I have a Prius 4 with all the accessories, which has a higher hip point.

What I found is in my Prius it seems like this seat it’s so friggin low and if I put it up somewhat high I feel like I’m up in the rafters. If I put it up to a point where I feel comfortable then I feel as though I’m higher up in the car than the car wants me to be at. Almost feels a bit of a mismatch to me though maybe that’s just me. Wonder if Toyota just missed the mark a little bit when I comes to what older people might want in a vehicles seat height.

I don’t know if the Camry will be more comfortable or with the new platform the Camry is on, same as the prius, it’s really more less going to sit as low as my Prius seat does. I realize I’m giving up cargo volume by considering the Camry although there is a used one I might look at depending on what kind of trade in value I could get.

Still amazes me you can’t get a regular nav on my Camry hybrid and won’t be till 2019 model comes out that actually do Apple CarPlay. And figure there’s about zero chance Toyota will go back to the prior year models and upgrade them to do Apple CarPlay.

The again, like the local dealer told me today, since The 2018 four-cylinder Camry get such good gas mileage, unless people want a hatch back I guess a lot of people don’t see the point of spending a little extra money for the Prius.

A few houses across the street and down the road people have several Prius and one couple has two, they purchased a 2nd prior gen model because they didn’t like that the seat in the new gen sat so much lower.

I lower Back has not been user-friendly so that to is a reason for me to wonder if the camery would be more comfortable or not.
    Thanks for any input and be careful on the roads out there drivers are crazy nowadays

#1 hyhi, Jul 21, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2018
  2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    our 2013 hycam has much more comfortable seating than our 2012 prius. can't speak to the 2018, why didn't you sit in one while there?
    there have been complaints about the prius seat since at least 2004. it doesn't work for everyone. if anything, gen4 is supposed to be the most comfortable, but it does sit lower. a mistake, imo. but toyota is doing everything they cn to draw in younger buyers, which isn't much.

RCO likes this.