1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Hit a deer tonight...

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by txl146, Nov 16, 2011.

1. Xjaddiction

Xjaddiction New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Sorry to hear about that.

My wife picked her Brand new Prius up about a month ago. We left the dealership, I was following. We got on the interstate, and about five miles from the dealer, with 50 miles on the OD, a stinking Bob Cat ran right in front of the new Prius. She hit it, the cats weigh about 40 lbs. and it took out lower grill, miss-alligned hood and left fender, destroyed front and back air flow plates under the car, and cracked the front bumper right down the middle. So far its about $1500 dollars worth. We finally took it in Yesterday, after driving it for the last five weeks, wrecked.

2. txl146

txl146 Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I just bought a deer alert whistler, although I highly doubt it works as advertised.

All state said cost in installing 3M clear bra will be covered.

3. txl146

txl146 Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    We're finally picking up the car tomorrow morning. They ended up replacing front bumper, radiator support and the hood. Applied film in NJ will be installing clear bra on the car again for $600, which is 1/2 the cost of what dealers would charge.

4. The Critic

The Critic Resident Critic

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Make sure you wait 30 days for the respray to cure before applying the clear bra.

Also, you probably are already aware of this-- clear bras applied on top of resprays have no warranty because of the potential of paint peeling upon removal. Resprays are usually not as strong as factory paint.

5. KK6PD

KK6PD _ . _ . / _ _ . _

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Hell for this much PIA, hope the deer turned into a freezer full of Venison Steaks! :eek:

6. txl146

txl146 Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Car is finally home after 2 weeks. :)