1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Hit something off road wheel bent. Now the car cut power to gas petal on and off.

Discussion in 'Prime Technical Discussion' started by Adan x, Apr 15, 2021.

1. Adan x

Adan x New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    So got ran off road by oncoming truck going over 70 mph. (2 way lane road) I had no choice but to serve off road. I hit something and caught air and landed back down. Both shocks released hydraulic oil everywhere. Put the spare and when driving home the power from gas was cut off and I could not go over 30 at times. I stoped and it worked fine then cut power off again! I assume it is the traction control causing this? The alignment is off so I don't know if it can cause these symptoms. I hope it is nothing severe. No codes.

2. Leadfoot J. McCoalroller

Leadfoot J. McCoalroller Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    If you hit hard enough to burst both front struts, there is likely to be other significant damage as well.

Were you able to identify the truck? It sounds like this should already be an insurance claim.

3. Salamander_King

Salamander_King Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Were you driving Prius Prime? Your profile says your car is Gen2. If the car is Gen2, I doubt OP has full coverage on your vehicle. In any case, moving the thread to the Gen2 subforum increase the chance of getting more advice. Good luck.

4. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    ^ This . @Adan x whats your insurance details, full coverage, or?