1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Ho Hum. We know this already.

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by daniel, Jul 11, 2004.

1. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    The August issue of Consumer reports grades cars for acceleration + fuel economy. Prius is listed in two classes: Small Cars, and Family Sedans. In each class its acceleration is the slowest of the group (so how come I'm always the first off the line at stop lights and way ahead of everyone else, without really pressing that hard on the pedal?) but it's fuel economy (which CU puts at 44 -- they probably tested it in winter in NY) is so high that they list it at the top of each section, and check-rate it.

The only other car that even comes close in fuel economy is the Toyota Echo. And the other family sedans burn nearly twice as much gas.

2. JJay

JJay New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Yes, they did say they got "44-mpg overall fuel economy". Then in the summary they said
    "City/highway mpg 35/50". I've always thought they flipped the city/highway numbers in publishing.

3. hdrygas

hdrygas New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    "City/highway mpg 35/50". I've always thought they flipped the city/highway numbers in publishing.

I thought so too when I was researching into ordering a Prius but I got a message back and they say not. I did try to get some more information on how they did the testing but only got general information on the test conditions and technical information on the flow meters they use to measure the amount of gas. It was over a prescribed course that simulated city and highway driving. Suggests they did it on a track but I never got enough specific information to have more than a suspicion of that. Go figure. :roll: