1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Holyday Wishes

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by TheAnnoyingOne, Dec 12, 2007.

1. Danny Hamilton

Danny Hamilton Active Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I think it's "I agree".

2. Rae Vynn

Rae Vynn Artist In Residence

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Happy Yule!

For the date, the tree, the candles, the giving of gifts, and the story of the virgin birth, be sure to thank your local pagans...
    The mistletoe is a bonus we just threw in there to remind you to HAVE FUN WITH IT!! :p

3. RinMI

RinMI New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius

I would think of our Jewish friends that speak Hebrew/Yiddish (what is the difference?, is is analogous to King's Englilsh versus Americanized English?) should be able to answer that question. I was taught that it was essentially 'so be it'. Or for the Trekkies 'make it so'.

4. RinMI

RinMI New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    OK, thanks. i have always been taught that Amen is a Hebrew word, I have not actually looked it up yet, though. So, so Israeli Jews speak Hebrew or Yiddish? Do they share some common words or phrases?

5. TheAnnoyingOne

TheAnnoyingOne New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Extensive information in the wikipedia articles.

6. RinMI

RinMI New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Thanks. I hadn't had a chance to check them out yet. Appreciate it.

7. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    The official language of Israel is Hebrew. Undoubtedly, many Jews in Israel as elsewhere also speak Yiddish. There are no linguistic similarities between the two languages, Yiddish being a Germanic language widely spoken by Jews in Eastern Europe, and Hebrew being the language of the people of the Old Testament. My grandfather spoke Russian, Yiddish, Hebrew, and English, though by the time I was born his Russian must have been very rusty. My step-grandmother spoke English, but when I visited them to play chess with my grandfather, she sat in her rocking chair talking to her friends on the phone in Yiddish. She was from Hungary. I never heard Yiddish growing up, except at family gatherings at my aunt's house, as many of my uncle's family still spoke it. The only Yiddish words I know are the ones that have made it into common English usage.

8. Doc Willie

Doc Willie Shuttlecraft Commander

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    A Happy Winter Solstice to all !! My yearend greeting letter, which I send to friends and family, is online, for those who want a glimpse into my personal life.

This year, aside from family news, the main subject is this car ;)I bought last summer.

9. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    From all of us to all of you, Merry Xmas!

Attached Files: