1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Home built EV draggster beats 'vette

Discussion in 'Other Cars' started by efusco, Dec 9, 2007.

1. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    Premium
    Fast EV? How bout the killacycle ... low 8's . . . running mid 150's.
    ANY street vette will look slow in comparison.
    All ya gotta do is to remember to pull the seat upholstery out of your sphincter when you dismount.
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=GDHJNG2PngQ&feature=related
    In the 80's (before I grew up ... well ... at least a little) I had a 750cc honda, running nitros that wouldn't quite do that. Makes me wonder how I'm still alive.

2. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I rode in a Tesla Roadster. I'm 5' 6.5" tall and weigh about 150 pounds. To get in you face away from the car, sit down, and then swing your legs in. To get out you swing your legs out, scoot your butt onto the doorway, and then stand up.

It's not a family car. It's a high-performance sports car. A roadster. That's what a roadster is. You also sit lower to the ground than most people would like, and lower to the floor of the car. Your legs do not hang down from the seat: they stretch out in front of you. I repeat: it's not a family car. It's a car for people who want to go zero to 60 in 4 seconds and leave the Ferrari in the next lane in the dust.

Upcoming Tesla cars will be bigger, more conventional, and easier to get in and out of.

3. darelldd

darelldd Prius is our Gas Guzzler

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Yeah... guys? While the Tesla is based on the Elise, it is NOT an Elise. It is different in many significant ways. Very little sheet metal is actually carried over. The seats are specific to the Tesla. Yes, it is still a low, fast two-seater that looks somewhat like an Elise. But other than that, you'll not know how a Tesla fits you until you try one on for size. Regardless... what the hell does that have to do with EV performance?