1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Home outlet location

Discussion in 'EV (Electric Vehicle) Discussion' started by mikefocke, Aug 12, 2017.

1. mikefocke

mikefocke Prius v Three 2012, Avalon 2011

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    Limited
    I'm thinking ahead and next time I have a licensed electrician around I just may run the breaker box to garage wiring and dead head it in the garage. Not knowing what car may be there nor the length of the cord from the charger to the car, some questions come up for this newcomer to EVs.

Is the charger connection on the car always on the same side between makes?

Front of the side versus rear of the side?

It all comes down to where in the garage I should plan to locate the future charger.

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    unfortunately, no. some are front, some back, some left and some right. both of toyota's plug ins have been right rear fender. i pull in forwards, on the left side of my 2 car garage. the evse is on the left wall, but it, and the supplied evse are both 25', so i strung it along a beam and mounted a hose hanger overhead.

3. El Dobro

El Dobro A Member

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    My PiP had the port in the right rear of the car while my Volt's is in the left front. The Leaf has the port in the front center while the Cadillac CT6 plug-in has the port in the left rear. No set standards there.