1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Homelink mirror for a 2015

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by pirlbeck, Dec 16, 2015.

1. pirlbeck

pirlbeck Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I would like to install a Homelink mirror with compass on my wife's 2015 3, but a search on here is not coming up with much info on this install on the newer vehicles. It does seem like I found a post where the mirror that was purchased would not work for some reason. I did one on our 2011 (purchased new in 2011) when we bought it and I was able to find enough info to feel comfortable buying a mirror on E-bay and being sure it would work. Anyway, I guess I would like to know if the mount on the windshield is still the standard wedge mount and if there is anything else I need to know/watch for.

Thanks!

2. Tha_Stig

Tha_Stig New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    The Gentex (GENK41, GENK45) mirrors should fit into the 2015 prius because they all use the same attachment to the windshield. Connecting the wiring is just a matter of splicing into the appropriate wires (usually a ground wire, constant live wire, and an ignition wire). The Homelink setup is independent of the car and is solely dependent on the mirror model. If you want a mirror with Homelink, auto dimming and compass then the GENK45 mirror if you are going to purchase on ebay.

Toyota uses Gentex homelink mirrors in their cars (Gentex owns the patents to Homelink I do believe).

3. Attila Fekete

Attila Fekete Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I know it’s not a new post, but hope my comment may help.
    I also have a 2015 Gen 3 Prius and I had no issue installing the GNTX-536 in it.

Bohemian Grove likes this.