1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Homelink mirror wiring

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Main Forum' started by sib, Dec 18, 2017.

1. sib

sib Junior Member

Does anyone know whether the 2017 Prius 3 is pre-wired for a Homelink auto-dimming mirror? I managed to find an OEM 2016-17 Prius Homelink mirror at a salvage lot and I'm hoping that I can install it without having to do extensive wiring. The mirror has a plug on the mounting hardware. Is a mating plug already there? Thanks.

2. Adam1a

Adam1a Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Three Touring
    I have a 3 Touring and just installed a homelink mirror and there was no plug up in there to plug in the mirror. It wasn't too hard to route the wires down the A pillar to tap power and ground. If you don't have the mating plug, you can purchase one on ebay.

RCO likes this.
  3. sib

sib Junior Member

Thanks for the info. Do you know the part number for the mating connector, of can you give me a link to an ebay listing for it?

I may be able to connect the mirror without having to route wires down the pillar, because my Prius 3 has the 2017-1/2 safety package that includes the front-facing camera up near the front center above the mirror. Also, I have a (useless to me) moonroof, so I think there must be a wire somewhere up there that gets power only when the ignition is on, as well as one that always has power.

4. Adam1a

Adam1a Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Three Touring
    I also have the Safety Package too but I would not want to tap power from that. I have a Corolla with moon roof and I did tap battery power, ignition power, and ground from the plug that went into the switch assy. when I installed one some years ago, so you might have some luck there. As far as the mating connector, it depends on which Gentex mirror you have. I have a standard Gentex 453 but there is also the older 313 and others so you would need to look at the back of your mirror and see which one you have and then search on ebay for a harness.

Word of caution, if the mirror you have didn’t come from a Prius with a moon roof or the safety package, the mirror stem maybe too short and you would need a spacer for your mirror. I wrote a post were that might help.

Homelink/Auto-Dimming Mirror in Prius 3 Touring w ATP – Installed!

5. sib

sib Junior Member

Here's an update:
    1. It seems that there is only one OEM Homelink mirror for the 2016-18 Prius, whether or not the car has a moonroof and/or safety package. The Toyota part number is 87810-0WN90. The mirror is a Gentex model OBIHL4.
    2. The mirror has a 10-pin connector, but it is DIFFERENT than the one that's used on Gentex models 313, 453, and 341. The connector on the wiring harness for these mirrors (available on Ebay) will not mate with the one on the OEM mirror. The connector is the SAME one that is is used on Gentex models 536, 1124, 533, and 1126. However, the pinout is different. This means that the wiring harness that can be bought on Ebay for these mirrors, which has the correct connecter, has to have the wires moved to different pins.
    3. Does anyone have experience or knowledge about how to release the wires from these connectors so that they can be moved to different pins? Thanks.

RCO likes this.