1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Homelink Mirror

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by bnaccs, Sep 13, 2011.

1. bnaccs

bnaccs bnaccs

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I was wondering if anyone with the Homelink Mirror has a vibration problem over rough roads or when there is a song with a lot of bass. My mirror slightly vibrates(the glass part) when on a bumpy road or from the vibrations of the bass. I can tell this by seeing the cars behind me move ever so slightly up and down. Does anyone else have this problem, or is it normal.

2. mad-dog-one

mad-dog-one Prius Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    ----USA----
    Mine is fine.

3. Paul58

Paul58 Mileage Miser

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I'd say it's normal, the Homelink mirror is larger and heavier than the standard mirror so that's probably why you're noticing the vibration. There is a small set screw where the mirror attaches to the mount on the windshield, you can check to ensure that it's good and snug. Other than that all I can recommend is choose better roads and turn the volume down on your radio...

4. stream

stream Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Mine does it when a song has heavy bass--never noticed it otherwise (rough roads, etc.). It's been discussed before, so you're not alone!

5. stream

stream Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I've had Homelink / self-dimming mirrors in many previous cars, and never had this issue, so I'd say it's not normal (for most cars).

6. Lsegovic

Lsegovic New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    welcome to the club !! the whole car is loose and rattles!!

But that doesn't seem to worry Toyota, I wonder is the mid cycle refresh was released 2012 instead of 2013 because of so many complaints of quality?

7. jerij

jerij Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Aplologies for doing the "dead-thread" thing but couldn't resist.

I don't feel it's normal either. I've had a Honda in the past to do it and it never got fixed/stopped/whatever. I've utilized the "heavier" auto-dimming/Homelink/compass/lights/etc for a number of years. Vibration is not an issue.

My 2012 V does "slightly" vibrate, like bnaccs says. Of course, in Richard Dawson's famous "The #1 answer is!": Dealer can't duplicate the problem. NOT a surprise since these pieces aren't cheap, and I did NOT buy the car from them.

The next step is to take the mirror down for "seeing what I can do" (another thread) and politely contacting the district manager (another thread) inquiring as to how much money was wasted in training the dealers' so called "3 Master Diagnosticians". (The only 3 in the middle Tennessee area and they ARE proud of it).

I know, rant, rant, rant....

jerij

8. mad-dog-one

mad-dog-one Prius Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    ----USA----
    Mine doesn't have that problem, but when I stare at the mirror, up close, I see a scary looking person, staring back.

9. car78412

car78412 Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I just wish it would dim when its suppose too. Driving at night is blinding from the cars behind me. The thing doesn't work!

10. Texas-Prius

Texas-Prius One more Prius to fight terrorism

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    No, but I have a vibration coming from the front passenger door cove over the speaker when there is any bass at all. I would love to fix this, but I fear I would damage the clips that hold the door panel on if attempted to fix it.

- TP