1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Homelink won't work-Help!

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by Djpdx1, Jul 26, 2009.

1. PriusGG

PriusGG Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    THANK YOU guys!!
    We bought my wife a new 2010 Prius IV Friday night. First problem was the Homelink.
    Thanks to you guys its not a problem at all. Before finding this thread I spent a hour
    trying and retrying... Our 2001 RX-300 Lexus worked fine all these years and I reset it
    and reprogrammed it in a couple minutes. Guess its not Toyota's fault, must be Homelink!
    Gary
    Dublin, CA

2. jondska

jondska New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Thanks guys, I spent a couple hours going up and down the ladder last night pressing the learn button, called the dealer today but he didn't know why it didn't work. Took me 5 minutes after reading this....

3. NW2010prius

NW2010prius New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I had the same issue. Went through the procedure at homelink.com and got it finally working.

4. larryt

larryt New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I tried everything here and on other boards and got tips from my Liftmaster garage door installer. The result was always the same: Reset (with buttons 1 & 3) always worked. The pairing step never worked; the light flashed slowly for a minute or more, then went out instead of flashing more quickly.

I phoned HomeLink. After explaining to customer service that I had a 2010 Prius IV and a Liftmaster 3550 with a yellow Learn button (only the circular tip is yellow, the shaft looks white), they told me the two were incompatible. They are sending me a "free" relay to plug into an unused outlet in the garage. It allows the HomeLink to communicate with the Liftmaster. "Free" means a bit under $8 for shipping and handling. I expect to receive it in a week. If it doesn't work, I'll be back to this board.

If you have the exact same equipment and got it to work without the relay, I (and Homelink) would like to know how.

5. Gorgious Prius

Gorgious Prius New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
  6. Gorgious Prius

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Unfortunately, the menu selection does not alert for the need for a repeater, at least not where I would have expected it. It took me a while to read and understand the steps, and by the time I've been out trying twenty times, it dawned on me to check for the repeater. After all, I saw the pink note only after posting this post and thats why I am editing my post... The compatibility section on homelink.com is not exactly telling either, so, keep the tradition, read the book to the end before talking about it ;-)

HomeLink
    Process: Program a Garage Door Opener
    Vehicle: 2007 Toyota Prius
    Door Opener: Craftsman

7. Gorgious Prius

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Response Via Email (xyz) 02/12/2013 12:53 PM
    Dear Gorgious Prius,

Thank you for visiting our Homelink website. Below is a response to the inquiry you recently submitted. If you need further support please reference Incident number (Reference Number 123456-789876) when contacting us so we may assist you further.

I apologize that you are having a problem programming your vehicle. Homelink updated their code to ensure compatibility with the new line of Chamberlain openers with the MyQ technology. However, vehicles that were manufactured before the latest version of Homelink was available may need a HomeLink Repeater to program the HomeLink to your new Chamberlain opener. Depending on the year, make and model of your vehicle, you may require a Repeater for your Homelink to work. Based on the information you have provided me, you are eligible for a free HomeLink repeater. You just pay $7.00 for shipping.

If you would like to process an order over the phone, please email me a good time to contact you and I will be happy to call you back to process the order. Or if it's easier you can call us at 1-800-355-3515 choose option 4 to place an order. We are here Monday-Friday from 5:00 AM to 6:00 PM MST and Saturdays from 7:00 AM to 4:00 PM. Please reference incident number (Reference Number 123456-789876).

Sincerely,
    xyz

8. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    I'll let you in on my method, with LiftMaster garage door opener:

Got my techy son to help me. Only thing that worked for me. I tried, but somewhere between the language in the instructions, the door lifter and my limitted brain cells, that's the only route that worked.

Seriously, I should pick his brain on how he did it, just in case it needs redoing and he's not handy ;)

9. tumbleweed

tumbleweed Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I have two new Lift Master openers with rolling code and the instructions in post #10 of this thread worked fine for me.