1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

HomeLink

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by gene4655, Sep 30, 2014.

1. gene4655

gene4655 Junior Member

Just bought a new 2014 Three. Had been used to the Homelink capability to open garage door at home. Can the Homelink capability be added to my new 2014 Three? Is it just the rear view mirror, or is it wired into the guts of the car?

2. situationalawareness

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Persona
    Never even heard of homelink until now.

3. canta

canta Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    easy!
    you need to buy used or new mirror with homelink. please pay attention, new homelink system need new homelink protocol.
    older homelink mirror does not support "new" protocol that required bridge or converter for you garage system.

stay stick with mirror from cars of year 2012 or greater, buy it used ore new or from junkyard!
    I prefered Homelink/Compass since the used/new price on ebay not much different. Bought new for $65 and used for $50 without cabling.
    and did home made cables

Tap ACC power from mirror switch (left side form steering wheel) to power mirror and homelink for your safety :D. you need to turn your prius on to ACC mode.

Installed on my prius and my wife "based"/L Sienna model. installing not very hard, I got "PDF" from priuschat forum on mirror instalation, easy pie to do by following steps.

I bought these two mirrors from ebay. pulled off from Nissan/Toyota/Honda should be OK as I know. one new for Nissan Murano(2012) without cable and one used from Nissan Sentra(2013) without cables.
    s-l140.jpg

good luck!