1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Homemade Chassis Brace

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by Aaron Vitolins, Mar 1, 2014.

1. 69shovlhed

69shovlhed Surly tree hugger

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    if you look through this thread, you will find the gentleman which designed and fabricated that nifty looking brace. he may just have a few more handy, and I believe there is still a white un-drilled unit on ebay from the same man. apparently either some of our moderators here are very @n@l-retentive, or said gentleman was a bit too over-zealous in promoting his product. therefore, he is not permitted to market the BOX-BEAM chassis brace on the forum. I do not know, sounds like some sort of fascist suppression of 1st amendment rights to me. but, Wth do I know?

on the other hand, the stock brace would look cool too if it was acid-dipped and powder coated some eyeball-searing color.

CatsAreGods, Justdidit and Mike500 like this.
  2. CatsAreGods

CatsAreGods Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    Thanks for posting that. I had just signed up here and happened to read lots of good stuff about that product, but then read there weren't going to be any more made. I was quite excited to hear there might be a few more, and a day or two plus 15 minutes later -- mostly finding the right tools -- the magic box was installed. A quick test drive on my local curvy road convinced me that it was well worth the money! The car now feels much more solid. Thank you Mr. Rude person's!

Nexus 4 ?

Aaron Vitolins and Mike500 like this.
  3. 69shovlhed

69shovlhed Surly tree hugger

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    now slap some better sway bars on that puppy and you'll really be amazed. its like a different car.

CatsAreGods likes this.