1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Homosexuals have a greater risk of suffering psychiatric problems

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by Mystery Squid, Dec 27, 2006.

1. MarinJohn

MarinJohn Senior Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Pinto Girl @ Dec 29 2006, 03:06 PM) [snapback]368375[/snapback]</div>
    Once again, Ms. Pinto calls it like so many of us see it. Thanks!

2. Mystery Squid

Mystery Squid Junior Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MarinJohn @ Dec 29 2006, 07:47 PM) [snapback]368386[/snapback]</div>
    c'mon john, be a man and be the first one. Tell us what you and your partner do in bed, or perhaps he could register on PC? :D

3. Bill Merchant

Bill Merchant absit invidia

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mystery Squid @ Dec 29 2006, 08:52 PM) [snapback]368500[/snapback]</div>
    What's with all this prurient interest, MS? Just go to an adult book store, pick up a few gay mags, pay cash, and let your imagination run wild.

All minorities have a greater risk of suffering psychiatric problems. Only über-virile white males with good disposable incomes, like you, MS, have no problems.

4. fshagan

fshagan Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(daniel @ Dec 29 2006, 06:37 AM) [snapback]368184[/snapback]</div>
    People are complex animals, and like you I don't think its an "either/or" type of question when dealing with the nature vs. nurture debate. There are just too many variables.

You would expect a genetic component to have a much higher incidence in identical twins, for example. Last time I saw a stat for it, a twin of a gay person had a greater likelihood of being gay, but you would think a strict genetic component would mean that it would be very rare for a set of twins to split sexual orientation. But they do. Of course any measure of physical or emotional development is not truly identical in twins. They do have differences that can happen after the egg separates (my BIL is a twin, and he has mis-matched eye color ... his twin does not).

5. MarinJohn

MarinJohn Senior Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mystery Squid @ Dec 29 2006, 09:52 PM) [snapback]368500[/snapback]</div>
    Hi Squidly, I unlocked my 'ignore' button recently to another poster and got myself into trouble by making an embarrassingly condescending response. I won't be unlocking that poster again. But then, today, I unlocked your post and can answer you in a truthful and reasonable manner.

I'm older, bi, and gay identified (that is, I'm out). If I did have a bed partner (M or F, or dog) my first order of business would be SLEEP! Maybe you should make a poll. Ask what most people do in bed, and I'll bet you'd find my answer would top the list. Happy New Year!

6. burritos

burritos Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Wow. What a bigot.

7. Bill Merchant

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(burritos @ Dec 30 2006, 05:13 PM) [snapback]368772[/snapback]</div>
    To whom do you refer?

8. Mystery Squid

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Bill Merchant @ Dec 30 2006, 03:54 AM) [snapback]368534[/snapback]</div>
    Why? There's enought talk about it on this site anyway! These days, all you have to do is get a hold of a second grade storybook!

touche Bill... Truth be told, I have no problems (knock on wood!), I thereby haunt Fred's and amuse myself exchanging communications with other weirdo's. That's one of the best things about the Prius, it brings out all the lunatics, whereas when I had a pick up truck, and haunted their messageboards, it got boring fast, likewise with the bike forums. Lunatic diversity runs rabid here. What makes it even more interesting, is a lot of the lunatics here are well educated lunatics. So, in essence, we're dealing here with lunatics of the highest caliber. Well, actually, perhaps it's more like a high functioning autistic with the ability to communicate, and gush with verbal drool...

However, all good things come to an end, and I will no longer post in Fred's after we cross into 2007.

:ph34r:

9. Mystery Squid

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MarinJohn @ Dec 30 2006, 02:07 PM) [snapback]368608[/snapback]</div>
    wa-wonk-wonk-wank-wank-woo-wonk

- Charlie Brown's teacher

"gay identified"??? :lol:

Ah yes, here you are, in my great book of "Who's Gay", right below Bruce Springsteen, and above Frank Zappa. :ph34r:

"gay identified"... man, whenever I hear that term, I picture of bunch of Terminator like robots taking over the world, and as they invade, they grab each and every human by the throat, and eye scan them with this ridiculous laser. The camera then goes to their perspective, just like in the Terminator, and on the upper right hand corner, the words, "GAY IDENTIFIED" appear in that early 80's cheesy computer font...

Happy New Year to you too John! :D

10. Bill Merchant

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mystery Squid @ Dec 30 2006, 09:58 PM) [snapback]368849[/snapback]</div>
    Wonderful! Marvelous! Happy New Year!

11. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mystery Squid @ Dec 30 2006, 09:58 PM) [snapback]368849[/snapback]</div>
    I take this as a compliment. On behalf of all the lunatics on PC, thank you Squid. :) We will certainly miss the looniest lunatic of us all if you keep your word, though. I take heart in the thought that you probably won't. :)

12. Stev0

Stev0 Honorary Hong Kong Cavalier

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mystery Squid @ Dec 31 2006, 12:58 AM) [snapback]368849[/snapback]</div>
    Since everything neocons say seems to be 180 degrees from the truth, I take that to mean your postings will double in 2007.

13. Schmika

Schmika New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Stev0 @ Dec 31 2006, 03:46 PM) [snapback]368979[/snapback]</div>
    :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: He's got ur numba'

14. hycamguy07

hycamguy07 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Alric @ Dec 28 2006, 10:23 PM) [snapback]367939[/snapback]</div>
    Ahh kinda like two male dogs humping each other :rolleyes: However if you ask a dog trainer or a vet they will tell you its a sign of male dominance... So really the two guys in the rest room are just showing their born that way dominance to each other?.. :rolleyes:

[​IMG] :lol: :lol:

N.A.R.T.H. : http://www.narth.com/

"Born that way" theory: http://www.narth.com/menus/born.html

What do clinical studies say: http://www.narth.com/menus/cstudies.html

Cool site, answers alot. Check it out..

Boy its an good thing we type here, otherwise the panties would be muffling the sound of peoples voices. :lol: :lol:

Wanna see the Libs in action? check this out....
    http://timblair.spleenville.com/archives/007772.php

15. Pinto Girl

Pinto Girl New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(priusguy04 @ Jan 8 2007, 11:49 AM) [snapback]372486[/snapback]</div>
    You have such a need to feel that you're in the right over this issue, that you're making it quite impossible to continue a discussion that's adult in nature.

Please avoid graphic descriptions of (your fantasies of) homosexual sex...and *please, please* refrain from the use of words like "humping."

It's denegrating to the intelligence of everyone here, crass in the extreme, and tends to destroy any shreds of credibility which you might still possess.

Thank you.

16. JackDodge

JackDodge Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mystery Squid @ Dec 27 2006, 04:18 PM) [snapback]367355[/snapback]</div> :rolleyes: I don't know about homosexuals, squid, but you sure could use some psychiatric help

17. hycamguy07

hycamguy07 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Pinto Girl @ Jan 8 2007, 04:55 PM) [snapback]372697[/snapback]</div>
    Wow, Ive joined the ranks of being called Childish, well at least I've been placed into the ranks of the few the proud the labled. I wanted to thank those of you who voted me in, Im proud to be placed into category With the other fine upstanding non-liberal gentlemen known here. :) :p

[​IMG]

18. Pinto Girl

Pinto Girl New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(priusguy04 @ Jan 8 2007, 06:57 PM) [snapback]372764[/snapback]</div>
    Q.E.D.

19. Ken Cooper

Ken Cooper New Member

Hmmm, this is the first day in a long that I've seen only one post on this forum relating to homosexuality. Is this sort of a meeting place? It's not a subject that seems to surface on other car forums.

20. JackDodge

JackDodge Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Ken Cooper @ Jan 8 2007, 07:24 PM) [snapback]372779[/snapback]</div>
    Other car forums may not have as diverse a group as the Prius <shrug> Anyway, no subject escapes Fred's :lol: