1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Honda accord hybrid 49/45/47 mpg ymmv

Discussion in 'Honda/Acura Hybrids and EVs' started by austingreen, Jul 19, 2013.

1. Codyroo

Codyroo Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I drove my boss's Honda Accord Hybrid to lunch the other day and I must say I was very very impressed with the car. The acceleration was fantastic. It doesn't seem to have that little "delay" that I feel with my Prius. The acceleration (even in the Eco mode with a light foot) was very good, much better than adequate. I didn't "open it up" but I suspect this car can easily get out of its own way.

Her Trip A from her last fill up was reading 46 mpg. She regularily gets 50+, but had a number of short jaunts and I'm sure that dragged it down. I can't verify how accurate the displayed MPG is, she hasn't compared the calculated to the displayed.

The car had some nice features (putting on the right blinker opened up a screen on the Nav showing you a wide angle shot of your blind spot with colored lines showing you the end of your car so you can see if you are clear of any object in your blindspot).

It was a very nice looking and driving car. I would DEFINITELY consider this car for my wife, mom, etc. It is nicer than my Prius. I hope it has good reliability. It will raise the bar and keep Toyota innovating.

cycledrum likes this.
  2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    sounds exactly like our hycam, they should do well with it. especially when it becomes proven long term reliable tech.

Codyroo likes this.
  3. cycledrum

cycledrum PSOCSOASP

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Nice review just w/o mpg info ...

4. jdk2

jdk2 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Dave mentioned in the review he was seeing mpg in the 30's. He also said it was bitterly cold so you'd have to guess that played a big part in the mileage department.

But ohhhhh that trunk. It's too small for two large suitcases and the assorted junk the better half needs to carry to stay fashionable.

Nice car though and worth a look see when time to move to a new car.

cycledrum likes this.
  5. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    yup, we're down to 43 in 20's and low 30's temps.

6. cycledrum

cycledrum PSOCSOASP

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A

Ummm, errr, in what car??

7. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    '13 hycam. sorry, i thought you could read my mind.:)