1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Honda and Toyota to start pushing hybrids with new ads

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by jkash, Jul 15, 2005.

1. jkash

jkash Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Honda and Toyota to start pushing hybrids with new ad campaigns this fall

Toyota and Honda divisions will launch dueling hybrid marketing campaigns this fall. Each company plans to use its campaign to promote its hybrid technology more than individual vehicles.

Toyota's new marketing campaign will emphasize the hybrid powertrain, Farley says. Toyota calls its technology Hybrid Synergy Drive.

Toyota's hybrid marketing campaign will feature a new TV commercial that also will run in movie theaters. The campaign will include print ads and events such as test drives.

The advertising will emphasize that hybrids save consumers not only money but also time they otherwise would spend at gas stations, Farley says. The campaign will promote the environmental benefits of hybrid vehicles, he says.

http://www.autoweek.com/news.cms?newsId=102759

2. richard schumacher

richard schumacher shortbus driver

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    When can Toyota start pitching the high reliability of their system?

3. meeminator

meeminator New Member

I don't find this part to be true for me. Because of the smaller tank (than my Camry), I expect to fill up about as often. But I'll certainly be paying less when I do!

4. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    At our last meetup, we discussed the possibility of partnering with a local dealership. We felt that it would be fun to have our Prii there open to the public. Legally, I would not want to provide test drives in my car, but if someone wants to ride with me, I'll give them a spin around the neighborhood.

5. LaughingMan

LaughingMan Active Member

Gas for $1.50 a gallon?! Somehow I doubt that gas prices are on their way down rather than up at this point.

6. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(meeminator\";p=\"107726)</div>
    I won't be too sure about that hehe. My dad pumps every week on a half tank on his 02 Camry. Half a tank gets him 250kms on average and he pumps 30-35 litres. I pump a full tank every 2 weeks and pump 35 litres and have travelled 700+kms

7. meeminator

meeminator New Member

I used to get a little over 400 miles from one tank in my '95 Camry (mostly highway driving, average 30 mpg). I do expect to go a little further on a Prius tank, but right now I tend to fill up at around 400 miles...when I get down to 2 bars, before flashing. I also hope that over time, my mpg will improve. I'm currently at almost 1000 miles and have averaged 49 mpg. I understand that as the car "loosens" up, mileage may improve. And I still need to mess with my tire pressure. :)

8. Micky Lee

Micky Lee New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(meeminator\";p=\"108900)</div>
    That's exactly what I was going to say ... every 400 miles - no time saved, just money. Range is somewhat standardized with tank sizes.

9. DonDNH

DonDNH Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four Touring
    I was at my Toyota dealer last week when a new salesman stopped to talk to me about the Prius. Seems he hadn't yet been able to even sit in a Prius. In the interest of "good will", I let him have a short test drive around the block.

10. jstack

jstack New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    I
    I've never seen any adds for the hybrids and they are still selling so fast they can't keep up. Honda has 3 models and Toyota the Prius. Sure there would be a plugin hybrid for over 100 mpg. Jim