1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Honda Clarity EV - great lease deal

Discussion in 'Honda/Acura Hybrids and EVs' started by Ursamajor, Nov 24, 2017.

1. Ursamajor

Ursamajor Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Honda’s offering the EV version of the Clarity for $199 a month x 36 month lease, $899 down, 20,000 miles a year - I’ve never seen a standard lease with that mileage. Only for California and Oregon residents. A friend closed on one this afternoon, he said the EV only comes in one trim, equivalent to the Touring trim on the Clarity PHEV. If the 89 mile range fits your commute (or your fleet mix), it looks like a great deal on a near-luxury S-Class size EV sedan.

iplug likes this.
  2. KennyGS

KennyGS Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Five
  3. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    great deal! they probably figure you'll never hit 20k with that kind of range.

Trollbait likes this.
  4. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    Premium
    Our local So Cal Stealership lease is only $149 - but like @bisco points out - with such short sub 100 mile range - it's more of a very well appointed golf cart.

5. Salamander_King

Salamander_King Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I am in search of our secondary car that I am hoping to be BEV. Clarity EV is not available here, but Clarity PHEV having 47 miles range maybe workable for me as strictly EV for most of our needs in town. It is now cheaper than leasing LEAF. Hummm, I don't like sedan, but I may have to consider this option.

#5 Salamander_King, Sep 13, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2018
  6. iplug

iplug Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    ----USA----
    Finally got to check out the Clarity (PHEV and EV) yesterday. Quite a nice vehicle with great fit and finish and very usable trunk space among PHEV/BEVs.

A bit too large for our taste and limited EV range. But this would make an excellent second vehicle for many.

wjtracy likes this.