1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Featured Honda Clarity Plug-in

Discussion in 'Honda/Acura Hybrids and EVs' started by bwilson4web, Sep 12, 2017.

1. Salamander_King

Salamander_King Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Revisiting idea of owning Clarity Plug-in. This time as our strictly in town secondary car. Was trying to nail down on low monthly lease on base model LEAF, but could not reach an agreeable price with a dealer who did not have base model. Now, I am seeing better lease terms on Clarity Plug-in at our local Honda dealer. With 47 miles EV range, it will satisfy most of our daily needs. Only problem is the cargo. Having had hatchback for a while, I don't know if I and my wife can live with sedan with a trunk.

#221 Salamander_King, Sep 13, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2018
  2. iplug

iplug Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    ----USA----
    Have you seen one in person or was this over the phone/internet, if not would suggest checking it out in person.

The trunk space is quite nice for a PHEV/BEV. We have a PiP and love the cargo space and the Clarity trunk space would be acceptable.

Salamander_King likes this.
  3. Salamander_King

Salamander_King Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Yeah, that's my next move. Certainly, Honda is pushing sales of Clarity Plug-in much harder than Nissan is trying for LEAF. Our local dealer has 6 Clarity Plug-in in stock now. Looking at numbers, every dimensions of Clarity seem to be bigger than that of Prius. I really have no need for bigger seats or leg rooms, but it's nice to have a big trunk. It's just that certain items I routinely haul is not going to fit under the low clearance of a sedan trunk lid.

4. Trollbait

Trollbait It's a D&D thing

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    The trunk space is comparable to a Camry's, as is the size of the car. The way it is measured is more conservative in results than the method for hatchbacks.

5. bfd

bfd Plug-In Perpetuator

Close to SDSU in the Far Southwest Corner of Cali
    Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Big trunk, and much bigger feel inside than Prius. If one is used to hauling big items, however, they might not like the smaller opening of the Clarity trunk. I saved $75 by recycling our broken trash container and picking up a new one myself when I still had the PiP. That wouldn't be possible with a Clarity.

6. jack520

jack520 Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    How long is the charging cord that comes with the Clarity ?

7. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    25'

jack520 likes this.
  8. jack520

jack520 Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Thanks,
    I need to upgrade my vehicle because of the HOV stickers expiring.. the prius prime is too ugly for me...and the prius plug in i have been driving is too noisy and rough a ride..so I am seriously thinking of the clarity. When is the 2019 due out ? Also, how much are people paying for these things ? Thanks ahead of time.

9. Trollbait

Trollbait It's a D&D thing

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    I think the 2018 came out late, so the 2019 may be after the new year.