1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

HONDA COULD KILL TOYOTA

Discussion in 'Other Cars' started by daniel, Oct 29, 2006.

1. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(GeronimoPFudgemuffin @ Nov 4 2006, 06:24 AM) [snapback]343734[/snapback]</div>
    You can have one, plus lots more interesting data, with Norm's CAN-View. There are roughly two dozen (I think) parameters available, of which you can view any 7 at a time.

For the 2006 and beyond you have to buy and install a separate monitor screen, because Norm was not able to program his unit to drive the digital MFD these more recent model Prius use. The advantage of this is that if you have NAV, you don't have to choose between CAN-View and NAV: you can have both at once.

I have the CAN-View in my 2004, but don't have built-in NAV. I use the Garmin StreetPilot instead.

2. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Delta Flyer @ Nov 4 2006, 09:13 AM) [snapback]343786[/snapback]</div>
    If I'm not mistaken, the HCH does have the "CHARGE/ASSIST" feature but it isn't arranged in a semi-circle, rather it's a bar. Also, it has an instant fuel economy gauge in place of the water temp gauge to the left of the speedo.

3. Chuck.

Chuck. Former Honda Enzyte Driver

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Maybe I misled, but the Civic dash does not seem as nice as the Insight's. Part of the reason is Honda did not want the Civic to scream "hybrid" and took it too far.

Sort of getting on a tangent, I wish it was six months ago and we could start a letter-writing campaign to get canidates in California to require all new cars have on the dash:
    - instant mpg readouts
    - trip mpg
    - lifetime mpg

A lot of people on the outside just don't understand the "video game" aspect of driving a hybrid. If California required the mpg readouts on the dash, all vehicles would have them. A lot of people would start to pay attention to the way they drive. If ScanGage II costs 169 USD, putting those feaures in the dash is probably $75. Detroit's objection would of course be it advertises how bad their most popular vehicles are on fuel consumption.