1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Honda To Challenge Prius With a Dedicated Hybrid Model

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by Danny, Jun 28, 2007.

1. JSH

JSH Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DaveinOlyWA @ Jul 3 2007, 11:34 AM) [snapback]472316[/snapback]</div>
    I believe a hybrid about the size of the fit is what they are planning. The Fit is a great car and will easily transport 4 people and their stuff or 1,2,or 3 people and even more stuff. It must be a hatchback and be versatile and configurable like the fit though.

2. Sarge

Sarge Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XSE Premium
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jhinton @ Jul 3 2007, 01:28 AM) [snapback]472098[/snapback]</div>
    I can appreciate your situation, but as others have suggested, Toyota's HSD does more than one thing at a time, so it is not practical to display it as you prefer in the Honda system.

Once you have the full-green battery, I think it is pretty safe to assume it will not accept much more charge and you can switch the engine braking. If you still want numeric info, you can always add the CANview (I believe it's called) to tap more info from the computer.

Also, to look at the big picture, while you have an obvious interest in knowing what's going on, MOST Prius drivers would not care for this level of detail, so for Toyota to further complicate the display for some keen drivers at the risk of confusing the masses would not make much marketing sense.

Remember, some people have a difficult time understanding what the Consumption screen is showing them... :mellow:

3. MSantos

MSantos EcoAccelerometry

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Technology
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Sarge @ Jul 3 2007, 11:46 AM) [snapback]472361[/snapback]</div>
    Sorry, totally disagree.

I gave the example of the Camry Hybrid (non-navi). So IT is possible to do implement a display almost as simple as the Honda system without taking away from the systems' capabilities. The underlying topology of a hybrid platform has very little to do with the complexities of the display.

Please don't take my word for it. Check Toyota's own handiwork on the Camry first. So, jhinton has a point here.

MSantos

4. acdii

acdii Active Member

There is a little button on the display to turn it off if you don't want to see it. Nice little feature I might add. I think they put that on there so those who don't like it can turn it off.