1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Hood alignment

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by Tursivas, Oct 16, 2022.

1. Tursivas

Tursivas New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    Hello

I've recently hit a deer with my 2010 Prius. I changed the front bumper with the passenger side fender. As these parts were fully installed, all the bolts were flush. But i am having problems with hood alignment. There is a gap between the passenger side hood and the fender (please see the attached picture). Although, the hood latch closes completely. Moreover, the rear end of the driver side hood has slipped to the windshield side by about 1 inch (please see attached number 2 picture). I installed Toyota brand new hood hinges but the problem still did not fixed. I don't want to take the car to the auto body shop as they too expensive. I am open to the experiences of those who encountered this kind of problem and advises of those who are experts. Thank you.

Attached Files:

2. Tombukt2

Tombukt2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    I need pics of the whole top of the hood in the front end step back about 7 8 ft turn it to the panoramic mode whatever it need to do. Looks like something needs to pull forward on the one side where it's sticking back like that where the fender is somebody shops will take the fender bolts out and slot the holes so they can slide the fender in or out making the slots the direction you need to go If I don't understand that then I don't know. But I'm dealing with the same problem on a Gen 3 girl did similar but on the one I'm working on I noticed the core support that the hood latches bolt to has a small bend in it compared to my 2013 park next to it you can clearly see it so I need that strip of formed metal the upper core support. But it looks like yours needs to twist