1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Hood Deflector on Silver Prius

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by Austin50mpg, Apr 19, 2008.

1. al4trade

al4trade New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Hey Austin.
    I ordered the hood protector on May 2nd (used your link) and got an immediate reply thanking me for order and advising me that I'd receive in about 7 days. Well it's been 3 weeks and no protector, no email, no nothing. Finally found a phone number for the company and called. They said they are having distributor trouble, dog ate my homework, etc. I assume that your transaction went smoothly - I'm wondering if this vendor is the real deal...or not.

2. Sheepdog

Sheepdog C'Mere Sheepie!

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I also bought from that toyota link that Austin posted. My order was smooth professional and quick to deliver. If you dont want to wait they can always credit you back.

3. Austin50mpg

Austin50mpg Prius Driving Right Winger

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I had no troubles with them. Got the package within a week. The invoice which came with the deflector stated Don Jacobs Toyota and not Toyotaparts. Here is a link to Don Jacobs. Hope this helps.

Don Jacobs Toyota Scion of Milwaukee, WI

4. Austin50mpg

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Im glad it went well with you Sheepdog.

I got your message a few weeks ago and tried to IM you back but you have your preferences set to refuse IM's. That was the error I received anyway. I also have been out of a home PC for a little while. I assume you did get the deflector installed.

:cool:

5. Sheepdog

Sheepdog C'Mere Sheepie!

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Sorry Austin. I fixed the Im settings. Yes I got the part quickly and it looks great!
    [​IMG]

--
    [​IMG]

6. Austin50mpg

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    It looks Sweeeeeet !. Sheepdog

The deflector looks great on red. I'm jealous.

:lever: You drop de bomb with those nice pics.

The Prius looks so much better without a front license plate. I am forced by TX law to have a plate on the front. Something about making it legal for me to back into spaces.

Glad it worked out for you.

7. irishlass2007

irishlass2007 New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Thanks to everyone for all their imput and help. I am getting my Barcelona Red tomorrow but wanted to let those interested in the hood protector know that the production people cannot keep up with demand. I tried to order the protector this morning at the above website and they are removing them from their website and said "good luck" and to check back in a few weeks. I'm disappointed because we are planning a long road trip in a couple of weeks and wanted that protection for the car. Anyone have any other places to check?

8. Austin50mpg

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Sigma Automotive – Toyota Hybrid Prius 2004 - 2009 OEM & JDM auto accessories

Don Jacobs Toyota Scion of Milwaukee, WI

or call some dealers in Canada

TOYOTA CANADA : TOYOTA.CA LANGUAGE

Have you tried the dealer you purchased your Prius from? Or call around other dealers.

It is hard to believe they have short supply due to demand. Wait that sounds familiar....Oh yea that is why gas is @#$%ing 4 dollars a gallon.

9. KayakerNC

KayakerNC Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Yep, they are out. Nice email message from the folks at ToyotaParts.....but, sorry, not in stock.
    I will keep checking the web in hopes of getting my protector. Hopefully they won't jump the price.

10. Austin50mpg

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Yesterday I recieved a mailer from my dealer advertising the deflector among other things. I haven't verified if they have a deflector, but if you are interested, here is the contact info.

Toyota Dealer Round Rock Texas and Austin Texas, offering new and used Toyotas, a Toyota Dealership offering Cars, Trucks and SUVs

good luck

11. Gilbert

Gilbert Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    anyone has a video or something of the installation?? i have mine but i have not installed myself it cause i dont want anything to go wrong...

12. rkskeet

rkskeet New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Austin50MPG:
    I have a question.. Can the deflector be removed if need be once it is installed? If the answer is yes, how easy is it to do so? Please advise, thanks..
    RKSKEET

13. Tdoff1

Tdoff1 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    You can take the deflector off. It is held on my 6 pressure clips that are screwed down. It took me 15 minutes to install, have not taken it off yet...no need to. Looks good and is helping the hood rocks. No dip in mileage as well. :car:

14. traugu

traugu Rebel Tree Hugger

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    When you wash the car, are you able to clean underneath the deflector?

Thanks! :)

15. Sheepdog

Sheepdog C'Mere Sheepie!

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    not really able to get mcuh behind the deflector, unless it is thin. I am taking mine off once every few months to repolish. mot a big deal.

16. Austin50mpg

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Sorry I have been off line for a while. As already answered, the deflector can come off easily.

17. giden

giden New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I'm not sure if this is the right board to ask, but here goes: I purchased a full set of wind deflectors (front and back) for my '08 Prius. The front set went on pretty easily however, on the driver side the window "auto reverses" when it attempts to close. Any ideas? I've looked thru several boards here and the "auto reverse" issue is mentioned, but no one addresses how to overcome it. Thanks for your help.

18. dixiepeep

dixiepeep New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    looks really good

19. EJFB1029

EJFB1029 New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Double check and make sure its installed right, and then use the button to force it up, not allow it to auto reverse, it should adjust at that point.

20. giden

giden New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius

Thanks, it magically started working ok. Although it did auto reverse a couple of times since. I just kept lowering and raising and it worked ok. Thanks for your help.