1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Hood deflectors are harder to find than the Prius!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by Tdoff1, Jun 7, 2008.

1. Tdoff1

Tdoff1 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
  2. chrisspaulding

chrisspaulding sexy, high tech, fun

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    the new clear bras, specifically Ventureshield, as that's the one I've researched, offer lifetime guarantee against yellow, cracking, peeling, everything! And it's invisible.
    I know it's hard to find a Ventureshield installer, but why get an out of place looking hood deflector when you can get better coverage against debris with an invisible film? Not all debris will aim for that deflector. Your fenders, bumper, and mirrors are still at risk.

With a little leg work, I was able to find a Ventureshield installer not listed on the site, right here in the next town!

my .02

3. GatorJZ

GatorJZ Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    I doubt that was the 3M ClearBra product. My ClearBra (3M, not using the term generically) has been on my FEH for 2 years, so I don't meet your time requirement, but it is optically clear, still feels pliable and is guaranteed for life. There are all sorts of cheap imitations available on Ebay. You can't lump them in the same category as ClearBra or VentureShield. As soon as my Prius comes in it goes to the tint shop and ClearBra (or VentureShield...I've no experience with it, but I will research it). I will order the largest ClearBra kit available.