1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Hood does not fully close

Discussion in 'Prime Main Forum (2017-2022)' started by Cocular, Oct 2, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Washingtonian

Washingtonian Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Mine lives in a garage. Not sure what they would expect to find under the hood of a Prius. This happened when I went to Seattle to visit an old friend. Coming home around midnight, the normal exit from I-5 to Hwy 16 was blocked and I had to find a new way home. My GPS said "turn right" and I did and somehow ran over a sidewalk or curb. Scared the hell out of me, but the car seemed OK, so I went on home. I went to the dealer in March for the final 3-year checkup and they tried to adjust it, but didn't do much. So I figured out how to fix it myself.

2. Bigvic

Bigvic New Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    One
    what body shop did you go to? I am in California too and I want to go to a body shop that actually knows what they are doing on this issue. I have the same problem. Thanks

3. Bigvic

Bigvic New Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    One
    hi. What shop did you go to. I am in ca too and want to go to a shop that knows how to fix the problem. Thanks

4. Washingtonian

Washingtonian Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    If you are a DIY person you can see what the problem is and possibly fix it yourself by removing the black plastic cover over the hood catch. Then either loosen the bolts to adjust the catch or elongate the holes to increase the adjustment as I had to do.

Bigvic likes this.