1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Hoping to get unconfused, map update of 57011 unit

Discussion in 'Prius v Audio and Electronics' started by gromittoo, Jan 31, 2018.

1. gromittoo

gromittoo Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    In a separate thread, I have discussed my upgrade of the MultiFunction Display unit (A.K.A> the stereo). I have a 2013 Prius V level 2, so I went from a 57010 unit, to a 57011 unit out of a 2014 Prius V level 3.

What I want to know is how to update the maps. The Nav ID is 20130716.
    1) How does the update occur? I have read about updates via an SD card (which I can't find any evidence of), using the USB port, and using a CD-Rom.
    2) Who is supplying the map data? It ain't Google, but I thought it was Garmin.
    3) Is the update going to cost money? Philadelphia where I drive for Lyft has not changed much, so I could live with 5 year old maps. My car is still under warranty, and the original owner never updated the maps.
    4) Is there any option to display Compass bearing? That is one of the reasons I replaced my TomTom with this unit. Garmin's UI has Compass bearing, which I need. I'd rather not add another device to my dashboard.

2. jzchen

jzchen Newbie!

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    I couldn’t edit this post, so I’m trying to delete it!

#2 jzchen, Jan 31, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2018
  3. jzchen

jzchen Newbie!

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    BTW, I hope you got the VIN from the car you got the replacement head unit from, because I think it’s needed to produce the installation code...

4. jzchen

jzchen Newbie!

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    1. USB dongle (I think.)
    2. Toyota uses different sources and compiles it, so 2017 is the latest update right now, not 2018 like others.
    3. Yes, about $160 retail for the ACN (activation card), plus dealer service charge. If you can pool enough people, $55 for Techinfo Professional level subscription, and USB dongle from here: (Each would need their own ACN.)

https://toyota.service-solutions.com

The latest I see there is TOYH-EXT01-16. Can call them to verify that they just didn’t put the -17 up on the website.

4. I’m afraid I don’t know.