Horn Upgrade --- DIY

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by evpv, Jan 2, 2011.

1. mrwhsprs

mrwhsprs Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Hi Don,

Thank you for specifying that your El Grande horns had only one spade/lug. That seems to be the case for most people with the El Grande who mention it. I'm curious please, are the bodies of your El Grande horns (behind the red cover) a silver/chrome, or dark like the ones I showed in my picture?

As an aside, I've been to the PNW a number of times and really enjoyed it; have been to areas such as Mt Rainier, Leavenworth, Deception Pass, Whidbey & Camano Islands, and a little bit around the Seattle area itself. :)

Mike

2. Djjkarate

Djjkarate Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    -------------------------------------------
    TY.... I want to say mine where chrome behind the red cover.. would that be true, but they could have been black.. AAARRGGHH.. FOR SURE, one side was black, and their was a chrome cover where the sound comes out !!! LOL....

mrwhsprs likes this.
  3. GardenWeasel

GardenWeasel Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I just installed the Fiamm horns using the pictures - and am saying Thank You! Instructions were perfect! No more meep-meep for me. :)

HelloHybrid likes this.
  4. tonynap

tonynap Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I did this DIY this weekend using FIAMM Freeway Blasters 72102 and 72112.

I chose to pull out all the clips and bolts on the top of the bumper and rad covers, and then just pulled the top of the bumper cover toward me when required. Even with my gorilla arms and hands I was able to get the access I needed.

I suggest the emblem removal method for non-gorillas. That's an elegant solution to the access problem.