1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Horn Won't Stop

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by RedRedRed, Dec 4, 2018.

1. RedRedRed

RedRedRed Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    So, in my impatience and stupidity, I hit the horn of my '08 Prius pretty hard the other day and the horn stayed on. The only way I could get it to stop was to pull out on the middle part of the steering wheel. I eventually removed the fuse to the horn.

I'd like to try and fix this myself. Does anyone know how to remove the airbag cover, aka the center of the steering wheel, so I can have a look? I have searched all over but none of the Youtube videos I have found seem to explain how to remove only that cover. They all are aimed at replacing the airbag.

2. Helen E

Helen E Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A

3. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    The repair manual will show how to do that (including how to make the airbag system safe first, and how to handle the airbag safely when you remove it). You should read the safety parts as carefully as the how-to-do-it parts.

https://priuschat.com/wiki/toyota-service-information-and-where-to-find-it/

There are PDF copies of a Gen 2 repair manual that sometimes aren't too hard to find.