1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Horrible traffic but still got 60.1 mpg!

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Fuel Economy' started by Mike Rosenzweig, May 29, 2013.

1. Mike Rosenzweig

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I was stuck in horrible traffic today, where it took nearly 2 hours to drive 20 miles in Seattle area. When I finally got home and turned the car off, I was very delighted to see average of 60.1 mpg on this long commute with more than 1/2 battery remaining! If this was my old car, I would have averaged about 15 mpg. I'm so happy that I have a Prius now! I want to go on another long road trip! Having my entune setup is really cool too! The Prius is such a great product!

cwerdna and Les_PL like this.
  2. Les_PL

Les_PL Active Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Definitely the Prius likes city traffic :) All the time lost in traffic jams is compensated by the mpg and also by the silence in the car. Since I have a Prius I'm much more relaxed during my daily commuting. Good study for psychologists :D

Mike Rosenzweig likes this.
  3. xpcman

xpcman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    The road trip at 70+ MPH will get you under 50 MPG.

4. p00kienrayray

p00kienrayray Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Yes you'll get great mpg in traffic. Definitely makes it less stressing.

5. mmmodem

mmmodem Senior Taste Tester

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    My previous non hybrid and my current Prius got better fuel economy when there was a lot of traffic. I practice DWB (driving without brakes) so heavy traffic just means my average speed on the freeway is closer to optimum than with no traffic.