1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Hospitals are becoming death processing factories...

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by Georgina Rudkus, Apr 3, 2020.

1. George W

George W Active Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    I've just watched a video of a hospital in Brooklyn. There was a whole tent-triage setup at the rear of the building, and not one person in line for Corona virus testing. Not even any hospital personnel in sight of the jogger live-streaming from his phone. Don't know what's going on there in Brooklyn.

Has anyone seen any funerals of Corona victims? I don't watch much TV, but I haven't seen any social media coverage of memorial services in NY for victim's families.

2. farmecologist

farmecologist Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    II
    I'd like to see the death percentage decrease and the confirmed cases curve start to flatten before I start feeling better about it. If you look the "total deaths" vs. "total recovered", it is still looking pretty dire. Hopefully the "total recovered" number will start to vastly outnumber the "total deaths" number soon...but that hasn't happened yet.

Plus, we have a high risk individual in the house ( my wife )...type 1 diabetic. Certainly makes the whole situation tougher for us.

3. KennyGS

KennyGS Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    I just saw an article that said a 24-30 day quarantine time after recovering from this virus is recommended. I thought they were saying 14 days not too long ago. Maybe the experts will discover that recoveries will take even longer as they learn more going forward.

4. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    medical or scientific? might be the concern for recurring positives

5. fuzzy1

fuzzy1 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    None here, because funeral and memorial gatherings are banned as part of the lockdown. For all deaths, not just the covid-19 cases. They are mass spreading events.

Weddings too.

6. fuzzy1

fuzzy1 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I'm not convinced that there is sufficient tracking and enumeration of the 'recovered' cases in many areas to make that count very meaningful. In places where the outbreak is still in exponential growth phase, tracking them often isn't the best use of the limited available resources.

7. Trollbait

Trollbait It's a D&D thing

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    I think they found a person that feels better after getting the it can still infect others for some time after wards.

8. KennyGS

KennyGS Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    I believe the current rule is that people who have tested positive for COVID-19 should have two negative tests at least 24 hours apart before they're considered no longer contagious. However, I'm wondering if it's still too early for anyone to be absolutely positive about that.

9. Kenny boy

Kenny boy New Member

Vehicle:
    2020 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    i like upstate of NYC, NO funeral homes are having services ! Obits in the local media states memorial services will be at a later date. As a past member of our local ambulance squad for 6 years, there is a big disconnect ( always has been) to identify next of kin for a hospital to consult them as to funeral arrangements .... hence, that person goes into the refrigerated truck, being that the hospital refrigerated morgue is already full. Therefore the local funeral is out of the picture. Picture the population of NYC, and density the spreads in all directions right in NJ and upstate New York..... try to find a relation for grandpa to make funeral arrangements and travel to the funeral home to do the paperwork ....

bisco likes this.
  10. fuzzy1

fuzzy1 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A