1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

HOV (carpool) sticker name transfer help needed

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by parkp81, Apr 2, 2017.

1. parkp81

parkp81 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Today I purchased a 2014 Prius Plug-In, from a Toyota dealer as a certified pre-owned, that already has the HOV stickers. I'm looking at the DMV REG1000 Form and i'm confused. Here is a link to the form: Request Rejected

Section 1 - do I put my information since I am the new owner?
    Section 2 - I assume I check the box "Transfer to new owner"?
    Section 4 - I checked off "Replacement ID Card Only" (I heard we need to have some sort of HOV card we need to show CHP if we do get pulled over? Dealer never provided me any sort of HOV card.

Thank you for your help.

2. Imaginex20

Imaginex20 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    For section 1, that info is for the new owner (you).

Does the car come with all 4 stickers? If so you only need to check off the transfer to new owner. If not in section 2 you need to check replacement decals/id card.

Section 4: again if your car doesn't have 4 stickers then it would be replacement decals.

Good luck! I filed mine 2/27/17 and got my check cashed on 3/7 then got my new stickers by 3/14.

Edit: HOV card is non transferable so that's why you have to submit the REG1000 form again. The form stays with the registered owner, issued stickers, and car.

3. parkp81

parkp81 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Thanks for your help.

Merged posts. Just edit your previous post when minutes apart.

Do I have to pay the $22 fee for "Replacement ID" card? Or is the transfer of the decal into my name sufficient? I never received the when I bought the car from the dealer.

#3 parkp81, Apr 3, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 8, 2017
  4. Imaginex20

Imaginex20 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    You only need to pay the $22 if you're getting replacement decals. The replacement card has no fee. The "card" is just piece of paper like a registration paper