1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

HOV Congressional Approval is a Reality!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by berryman, Jul 30, 2005.

1. jezroj

jezroj New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Prius is a PZEV actually AT-PZEV (Advanced Technology - PARTIAL Zero Emission Vehicle) The current CA DMV REG 1000 updated 1/2005 has a section that allows you to check if your car is ZEV, ULEV, or SULEV, how does the Prius fit into this? :roll:

2. Gen2

Gen2 Member

I looked at the form for the same reason and noticed that it said that hybrids do not qualify. I assume that there will be a new form or temporary instructions for filling it out.

3. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Prius is a SULEV.

But because it's a hybrid it still doesn't qualify so we still have to wait.

EPA has 180 to define hybrid according to highway bill. I sincerely doubt the Feds will have tighter restrictions than California. I also expect there will be no legal reason why California cannot have tighter restrictions than the Feds. So eventually we'll be able to get our decals.

Meanwhile, I'll be checking the DMV site regularly.

I did already make an appointment to have my car inspected so I can apply for the decal. I hope I didn't jump the gun on that one and have to do it again if this drags out.