1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

HOV sticker vainness; what happens if I only stick it...

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by alasnik, Dec 23, 2006.

1. subarutoo

subarutoo New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Alnilam @ Jan 2 2007, 11:40 PM) [snapback]369939[/snapback]</div>

Exactly. Its just a car. Get over it.

2. sdjimbo

sdjimbo New Member

I wouldn't worry about it. I stuck only the small ones on the front/back bumpers and have not had a problem.

I posted a while back about the vehicle code. (VC) §5205.5 and §21655.9 deal with the stickers, and there is nowhere in there that says that 4 stickers must be applied specifically to a certain place.

There was a poster airportkid I think who mentioned getting cited for having the stickers on the window. I don't know what VC he/she was actually cited for (would have been interesting to see) or what the outcome was.

3. GeekEV

GeekEV Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(darelldd @ Jan 1 2007, 11:48 AM) [snapback]369287[/snapback]</div>
    I wasn't suggesting that you drive in the HOV lane without the stickers. Merely that if you were issued the stickers and have put them on your car somewhere, that you are allowed to be there -- you've just been an idiot and put them in the wrong place.

Besides which, as with the ones for my Civic Hybrid, the instructions on where to put them were printed, once again, on a return envelope. Wth? It's a return envelope folks, I can reasonably claim that I didn't look at the return envelope since there was nothing to return. :p

And yes, that's quite the nice ivory tower you've got there.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Alnilam @ Jan 2 2007, 11:40 PM) [snapback]369939[/snapback]</div>
    It's not so much that I don't want to spoil the looks of the car. It's more about the glaring clash of colors that yellow on green creates coupled with the fact that I just don't like the idea of putting stickers (of any sort) on paint...

4. Walker1

Walker1 Empire

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ThatAdamGuy @ Dec 23 2006, 03:13 AM) [snapback]365950[/snapback]</div>
    I just got an HOV sticker. There's only 1, and they want it in the lower right part of the rear window. Couldn't be better, and it's $5/yr.I don't feel vain.

5. GeekEV

GeekEV Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Walker1 @ Jan 3 2007, 08:22 PM) [snapback]370555[/snapback]</div>
    I think most of us are talking about the stickers in California. They're big, yellow, and there are four of them... Ugh.

6. Alnilam

Alnilam The One in the Middle

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mr. Zorg @ Jan 3 2007, 07:20 PM) [snapback]370515[/snapback]</div>
    I'd love to take the YouTube video of you explaining this snit to the cop. Especially when he points out how your pumps are screaming "No way!" to your purse.

Maybe they were right in saying the Prius is a "sissy-car."

Not that there's anything wrong with that.......

From the vehicle code:

"No person shall drive a vehicle described in subdivision (a) of Section 5205.5 with a single occupant upon a high-occupancy vehicle lane pursuant to this section unless the decal, label, or other identifier issued pursuant to Section 5205.5 is properly displayed on the vehicle...."

I'm just betting that the lawyers who put this together had a specific idea in mind when they wrote the words in red. I've got another twenty riding on the judge assuming that you were properly advised. You feeling lucky?

What is it about following rules that people find so difficult? Everybody wants to be a prima donna.

7. tmorrowus

tmorrowus Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Alnilam @ Jan 4 2007, 01:40 PM) [snapback]370792[/snapback]</div>
    Full text of the code:
    http://www.dmv.ca.gov/pubs/vctop/d11/vc21655_9.htm

It's interesting that the code uses the singular "decal, label, or other identifier" rather than requiring that all four decals be attached correctly. I'm not legally knowledgeable enough to know whether that singular/plural distinction carries any force. I'd certainly argue that I had a single decal displayed properly even though all four weren't displayed properly. And then I'd probably get thrown out of court :)

8. Pinto Girl

Pinto Girl New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Alnilam @ Jan 3 2007, 02:40 AM) [snapback]369939[/snapback]</div>
    Actually, yes, if it's lowered a bit...

Seriously, I'm going on record as one who thinks the Prius is a good looking car.

Remember that Merkur four door hatchback from the mid-80's (I can't remember the name, but it was sold side by side with the XR4-Ti at Lincoln Mercury dealers, and was badged as I think a Scorpio for the European market)...? It had some clunky details, but I liked that one too!!

4-door hatchbacks are by far my favorite bodystyle, and if they have a really short hood and a nice forward rake to the stance, so much the better!

Then again, there's no accounting for taste.
    [smile]