1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

How about 60 LED DRL and Turn Signal in one bulb!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by KK6PD, Aug 22, 2010.

1. KK6PD

KK6PD _ . _ . / _ _ . _

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    The problem is inherent with the way the bulb works internally. You don't need load resistors, Diodes will do nothing but eat .7 volts so less volts that get to the light it will just be a little dimmer! If the white is already on, such as drl mode you will never see it happen. If you turn off the DRL voltage, you will see the briefest flash of white before amber lights up full. You gotta live with it! C'est La Vie!

2. yunebug

yunebug Gas Guzzler

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    ANOTHER HAPPY CUSTOMER HERE!

Pat is amazing. He put together the kit for me after I shipped the parts to him and I had it back within a few days. Of course everything works perfectly. THANK YOU PAT!

One thing - when driving at night, I found the DRLs to be too bright and was worried that light was getting in people's faces. I decided to wire in a relay and connected the DRLs to the 87a pin with the low beam fuse as my 85-86 trigger using one of these:
    Cooper Bussmann/ATM fuse tap BP-HHH-RP at AutoZone.com - 1 reviews

Here is the result:

I will take some daytime shots tomorrow. :0) Very excited to have the PAT DRLs!

KK6PD likes this.
  3. KK6PD

KK6PD _ . _ . / _ _ . _

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Now you have to change the driving lamps on the bottom to match the color temp!
    Glad you are happy, if anyone else in Gen II land wants this mod, contact me!
    The relay is a good idea, technically it is illegal to use DRLs at night! At least in CA!
    Pat KK6PD

4. Sezy

Sezy Active Member

Vehicle:
    2020 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    Update on the flash issue. It is the bulb. Got a second pair of switchbacks from ijdm , plugged the new ones up front and they act normal. Plugged the flashy one in the back and it still acts up so it is a bad bulb but my messages to customer service went no where and out of warranty at that time. I kinda like the messed up flash now,gets more attention.

Thinking of making both rears switchbacks. Current setup is top is a switchback and bottom is a 10 year old Piaa blue bulb.

5. Sezy

Sezy Active Member

Vehicle:
    2020 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    Driver side front blinker stopped working. Found two issues. 1. The lead broke off so I resoldered it. 2. The socket broke or got loose and the lead inside it is loose. The gasket on the rear came off a bit too. So need to order a new socket.

Snapchat-8039495070892863078.jpg

Been tinkering with dual switchbacks in the rear and dropped the bulb inside the tail light. No magnet would grab it so had to remove the tail light and shake it out.

Snapchat--8407105151175709011.jpg

6. KK6PD

KK6PD _ . _ . / _ _ . _

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I just hate that when it happens, I have a really long set of needle nose pliers, just for events such as this scenario. You can bet I did it several times when I was designing this mod!!!

7. v_man58

v_man58 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    V
    I own a 2012 Prius v and would be interested in purchasing a plug and play kit with the led bulbs and harness. How much? Would you be interested?

8. Sezy

Sezy Active Member

Vehicle:
    2020 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    Don't know, never seen a plug and play kit for switchbacks.. Try asking in the Gen 3 section of the forum.