1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

How about blind spot monitor

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by cproaudio, Apr 16, 2011.

1. Bruce vanNorman

Bruce vanNorman Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    That takes care of 2 out of 4 blind spots. What about the two forward blind spots caused by the "A" pillars? A forward facing camera would need a 180 degree field of view. Our Prius has two primary drivers. One requires the seat to be all the way down and the other all the way up plus a 3.5" cushion. I installed two quarter circle 1.5" mirrors on the inside bottom of each wing mirror. They are used to adjust the wing mirrors for a driver change (2x per day). The correct setting to remove stern blind spots shows the Prius sides about 1/4". They are not used while driving. The forward, passenger side blind spot is about 45 degrees forward of the driver. I installed a "Autobahn Interior Blind Spot Mirror Dashboard Windshield" mirror from Ebay to see around the "A" pillars. Now I can see bicycles and pedestrians approach from 90 degrees off the starboard bow, especially when stopped at a cross walk or traffic light. The mirror is positioned to not block the windshield view. We are going to evaluate this mirror for a couple of weeks before tackling the 4th blind spot (about 30 degrees off the port bow).

2. CoolPrius

CoolPrius Active Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius c
    Model:
    Two