1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

How about good news?

Discussion in 'Generation 1 Prius Discussion' started by ronlewis, Jan 5, 2020.

1. ronlewis

ronlewis Active Member

Vehicle:
    2001 Prius
    Model:
    One
    A little break from all the troubleshooting with an update:

My '02 that needed a front wheel bearing, and I then bunged up the axle shaft threads not knowing the nut was pinned,,,

I had replaced all the parts and it ran quiet, but it had a slight pull to that side, and after driving it a few hundred miles, i saw it getting only 35mpg.

Got it aligned this week, and that fixed everything. Runs beautifully now and I'm back in the mid-40s on my mpg.

BTW, another thing I did on this car is get rid of the PO's cigarette odors. If y'all haven't used an ozone machine, check it out. My neighbor clued me in and loaned me theirs. Immediately afterward, it leaves a funny smell, but that dissipates in a few hours with ventilation. I really like this car now. Only problems are a couple of dead spots on the touchscreen, but it's still usable, and it looks like the PO tried to take the dash off, maybe wanted to replace the touchscreen or something, and broke it around the AC vent.

So, I'm now selling both my working Prii, whichever goes first, I'll keep the other. Need to pay property taxes with that money, but once I get a little more saved up, I'm on to the next car - a real nice green 02 one-owner with about 150k.

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    we love good news!(y)