1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

How about invading Mexico?

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by burritos, Mar 20, 2006.

1. burritos

burritos Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Well, we've improved our game in the last 2 centuries. BRING IT!

2. burritos

burritos Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Did the Reagan administration pay some hollywood schill to make that propaganda POS? I remember being all in to it when I was a teen. These types of movies can actually convince some kids that they'll be doing exactly that when they enlist.

3. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    its not propanda pos.

its just another version on the age old movie theme.

still no guesses on that movie quote???

to give a hint, the theme of the movie quoted is the same.

david over goliah...oh you know what i mean

the underdog triumphing over the much bigger and eviler foe

4. dsunman

dsunman New Member

I agree, I'm about to write the petition of request to Her Majesty Queen Of England to take us back and to join great Commonwealth States ! :lol: :lol: :lol:

5. hyo silver

hyo silver Awaaaaay

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    wild guess here; The Mouse that Roared?

6. EricGo

EricGo New Member

Somewhere Wildkow posted that the US has brought freedom to Iraq. I think this bit of reality is an appropriate answer. Pasted verbatim, but the last paragraphs emphasis is mine, from a UK newspaper:

--------
    US troops 'killing Iraqi civilians in revenge'
    By Patrick Cockburn in Arbil
    Published: 22 March 2006

The US military is investigating two incidents in which American soldiers killed at least 26 Iraqi civilians and then claimed that they were either guerrillas or had died in cross fire.

The growing evidence of retaliatory killings of unarmed Iraqi families, often including children, by US soldiers seemingly bent on punishing Iraqis after an attack, will spark comparisons with the massacre of Vietnamese villagers at My Lai in 1968.

US troops have been notorious among Iraqis for their willingness to shoot any Iraqi they see in the aftermath of an insurgent attack. But it is only now that convincing and detailed information is becoming available about the killings.

In the most recent incident, in the town of Ishaqi north of Baghdad last week, Iraqi police said that US troops had shot 11 people, including five children, in their home. The local police chief, Colonel Farouq Hussein, said that all the dead had been shot in the head, according to autopsies. "It's a clear and perfect crime," he said. In an incident in the town of Haditha in western Iraq on 19 November last year, US soldiers went on a rampage in a village after a bomb attack and killed at least 15 civilians, according to witnesses and local officials cited by Time magazine in an investigation.

The US military first claimed a roadside bomb had killed a US Marine, Miguel Tarrazas, along with 15 Iraqi civilians caught in the blast. Later, a military statement said "gunmen attacked the convoy with small-arms fire" and in returning fire the Marines killed eight insurgents.

But after Time presented the US military with what Iraqis said had happened, an official investigation found that 15 of the civilians had been deliberately killed by US soldiers.

The bomb attack on the US Humvee took place at 7.15am. Eman Waleed, a nine-year-old child, lived in a house 150 yards from the explosion. "We heard a big noise that woke us all up," she recalled later. "Then we did what we always do when there's an explosion: my father goes in to his room with the Koran and prays the family will be spared harm."

The Marines claim they heard shots coming from the direction of Waleed's house. They burst in to the house and Eman heard shots from her father's room. They then entered the living room, where the rest of the family was gathered. She said: "I couldn't see their faces very well - only their guns sticking in to the doorway. I watched them shoot my grandfather, first in the chest and then in the head. Then they killed my granny."

The US soldiers started shooting in to the corner of the room where Eman and her eight-year-old brother, Abdul Rahman, were cowering. The other adults in the room tried to protect the two children with their bodies and were all shot dead. Eman and her brother were both wounded.

"We were lying there, bleeding and it hurt so much. Afterwards some Iraqi soldiers came. They carried us in their arms. I was crying, shouting, 'why did you do this to our family?' And one Iraqi soldier tells me, 'we didn't do it. The Americans did it'."

The Marines' explanation is that they heard the sound of a Kalashnikov being readied to shoot and had then fired their weapons. The Marines say they were fired at from a second house, where they broke down a door, threw in a grenade and opened fire. The eight who died in the second house included the owner, his wife, the owner's sister, a two-year-old son and three young daughters.

In a third house the Marines searched four young men were shot dead. A military investigation decided these were insurgent fighters, along with four others killed in the street.

The Marines later delivered 24 bodies to a hospital in Haditha, claiming they had been killed by shrapnel from a bomb. Dr Wahid, the director of the hospital, said: "It was obvious to us there were no organs slashed by shrapnel. The bullet wounds were very apparent. Most of the victims were shot in the head and chest - from close range."

An US military investigation decided the deaths were "collateral damage". Relatives were paid $2,500 (£1,400) for each of the dead.

The US military is investigating two incidents in which American soldiers killed at least 26 Iraqi civilians and then claimed that they were either guerrillas or had died in cross fire.

The growing evidence of retaliatory killings of unarmed Iraqi families, often including children, by US soldiers seemingly bent on punishing Iraqis after an attack, will spark comparisons with the massacre of Vietnamese villagers at My Lai in 1968.

US troops have been notorious among Iraqis for their willingness to shoot any Iraqi they see in the aftermath of an insurgent attack. But it is only now that convincing and detailed information is becoming available about the killings.

In the most recent incident, in the town of Ishaqi north of Baghdad last week, Iraqi police said that US troops had shot 11 people, including five children, in their home. The local police chief, Colonel Farouq Hussein, said that all the dead had been shot in the head, according to autopsies. "It's a clear and perfect crime," he said. In an incident in the town of Haditha in western Iraq on 19 November last year, US soldiers went on a rampage in a village after a bomb attack and killed at least 15 civilians, according to witnesses and local officials cited by Time magazine in an investigation.

The US military first claimed a roadside bomb had killed a US Marine, Miguel Tarrazas, along with 15 Iraqi civilians caught in the blast. Later, a military statement said "gunmen attacked the convoy with small-arms fire" and in returning fire the Marines killed eight insurgents.

But after Time presented the US military with what Iraqis said had happened, an official investigation found that 15 of the civilians had been deliberately killed by US soldiers.

The bomb attack on the US Humvee took place at 7.15am. Eman Waleed, a nine-year-old child, lived in a house 150 yards from the explosion. "We heard a big noise that woke us all up," she recalled later. "Then we did what we always do when there's an explosion: my father goes in to his room with the Koran and prays the family will be spared harm."

The Marines claim they heard shots coming from the direction of Waleed's house. They burst in to the house and Eman heard shots from her father's room. They then entered the living room, where the rest of the family was gathered. She said: "I couldn't see their faces very well - only their guns sticking in to the doorway. I watched them shoot my grandfather, first in the chest and then in the head. Then they killed my granny."

The US soldiers started shooting in to the corner of the room where Eman and her eight-year-old brother, Abdul Rahman, were cowering. The other adults in the room tried to protect the two children with their bodies and were all shot dead. Eman and her brother were both wounded.

"We were lying there, bleeding and it hurt so much. Afterwards some Iraqi soldiers came. They carried us in their arms. I was crying, shouting, 'why did you do this to our family?' And one Iraqi soldier tells me, 'we didn't do it. The Americans did it'."

The Marines' explanation is that they heard the sound of a Kalashnikov being readied to shoot and had then fired their weapons. The Marines say they were fired at from a second house, where they broke down a door, threw in a grenade and opened fire. The eight who died in the second house included the owner, his wife, the owner's sister, a two-year-old son and three young daughters.

In a third house the Marines searched four young men were shot dead. A military investigation decided these were insurgent fighters, along with four others killed in the street.

The Marines later delivered 24 bodies to a hospital in Haditha, claiming they had been killed by shrapnel from a bomb. Dr Wahid, the director of the hospital, said: "It was obvious to us there were no organs slashed by shrapnel. The bullet wounds were very apparent. Most of the victims were shot in the head and chest - from close range."

An US military investigation decided the deaths were "collateral damage". Relatives were paid $2,500 (£1,400) for each of the dead.
    ---------

7. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona

no... the movie was in the mid 90's, had some big name players in it and did very very well at the box office.

i thought someone would guess it right away

8. dsunman

dsunman New Member

EricGo, I've seen several articles about this incident already and it's getting lots of attention internationally. How are we going to fix our image with blunders like that? This perplexes me.
    Our credibility only gets worst. Fine article indeed.

9. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Surprising as it may seem, most Mexicans don't want to be part of the U.S. I think they'd be (slightly) better off (though based on population and territory size they should become about 5 or 10 states). The Mexican government (hard as it may be to believe) is actually more corrupt then ours. (Carlos Salinas is rumored to have stolen 25 billion dollars while he was president of Mexico.) But national pride is alive there as well as here. Too bad, really. I think we'd all be better off if everything from the Panama Canal to the north pole was one unified democratic country.

10. Schmika

Schmika New Member

Why daniel...that is (sniff) the nicest.....(sniff) thinng you have said about the US. :lol:

11. Schmika

Schmika New Member

Hey dsunman...easy on the looooooooooooong quotes. Just cut off what you aren't going to comment on. My scrolling finger gets tired.

12. Mystery Squid

Mystery Squid Junior Member

Wow, I actually agree with Daniel...

I actually had the opportunity to study various parts of the Mexican tax code, and well, let's just say there's a WEEEE bit of loose ends and ambiguity... :ph34r:

13. KD6HDX

KD6HDX New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Invade Mexico????

OK, heres what I think, Since Mexico has a huge supply of natural gas (from pinto beans) we should build a pipeline. :blink:

Focus on Mexicos athletic abilities for our next Olympic games, since everyone from Mexico that can run, jump or swim is already here. <_<

But before we do all that, lets stop and think about what a Mexican hybrid would look like, sound like, smell like.

Much like the photo donkey that is painted with black and white stripes to make it look like a zebra, Mexican hybrids could be painted to look the same way, when they are actually just old chevy's and datsuns. Besides, many of the gas guzzling V8 engines in Mexico only run on 4 or 5 cylinders anyway.

I'm sure that a Mexican hybrid would sound like an old 6 cylinder school bus without mufflers.

As for what a Mexican hybrid would smell like, look at the first line in this post and wonder about the natural gas emissions from a third world neighbor like Mexico. :unsure:

When it comes to technology, science and green house gasses, Mexico has only one invention under their belts......FARTS.

05 Prius
    reducing my green house emissions one burrito at a time
    48 MPG on average
    GO BIG ED ON AIR AMERICA

14. Spunky

Spunky New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(burritos @ Mar 20 2006, 10:36 PM) [snapback]227625[/snapback]</div>
    Ha ha ha ha ha!!!

Thanks, that's a good one!

Naw, how about we invade Cuba? Tahiti? The Faulkland Islands?

15. imntacrook

imntacrook New Member

Eric - do you actually believe anything that comes from Patrick Cockburn??? Here's some cool-aid

16. dipper

dipper Senior Member

Want no part of Mexico in the Union. Just ask the West Germans why Germany's reunionification (to them) was a mistake.

I paid enough tax and not get enough services from our government already. I do not want our tax dollar to build out Mexico and pay for social welfare to the people and government. :angry: