1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

how about just a billion?

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by schinia, Jan 28, 2012.

1. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Leaving aside the political questions, need and want are very different things. Window shopping with my sister once, long ago, she pointed to a big-screen TV and said "I need one of those." I replied, "You don't need it; you want it." She replied with a vehemence that surprised me: "No, I NEED it."

There's a story about a discussion over how much land a man needs. A certain man thought he needed as much land as he could walk around in a day. But he over-estimated his stamina and it turned out that all he really needed was a plot six feet by three feet.

We need a certain amount of food and water and a constant supply of oxygen. We need shelter and clothing to suit the climate. Everything else is merely a want. I want considerably more than I need, but I'm satisfied with how much I have. I still want a girlfriend, though. That, too, is a want, though it feels like a need.

1 person likes this.
  2. schinia

schinia Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    I'm not your Bra !!

1 person likes this.
  3. amm0bob

amm0bob Permanently Junior...

The last place on earth to get cable, Sacramento
    Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    http://failblog.files.wordpress.com/2012/01/epic-fail-photos-dating-fails-im-liek-ur-tears-because-i-lurves-u-so-much.gif

YHGTBFKM... ANOTHER FLEDGLING THAT DOESN'T GET IT.

Do you own a Prius... then you are... unless you're female, THEN I'll call ya Sis... :thumb:

4. Trebuchet

Trebuchet Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Republican's did not applaud because they know Obama and the D's have no intention of addressing the unfair tax code. It may have sounded like he called for fair tax code but the fact of the matter is, he did not. Obama called for a different tax rate, i.e. raise taxes, big difference. If Obama and the Democrats thought that the tax code was so unfair why didn't they do one thing about it as they have had control of congress since 2007? Are the D's that inept?

You blame bush for spending and taxing the ham and eggers, yet there's nothing to back your statement. Go get some evidence/facts/links and then come back. By the way Bush spent $4 Trillion dollars in 8 years time, Obama has spent wasted $5 Trillion in 3 years time. Additionally, tax revenue under the Bush administration went up IIRC.

Who Spent More? Average Bush Vs. Average Obama Spending Per Day Proves Obama Most Reckless And Irresponsible EVER « Start Thinking Right

One last thing, prj you're attacking those who drove the largest economic expansion of our time?

BTW, Presidents are not in charge of the purse strings, congress and only congress has that power. During Bush's tenure and Republican control of Congress the deficit was cut year by year until 2007 right before the D's took over control of Congress the deficit was down to $162 billion per year.

So answer me this, if Bush and the R's cut taxes thus lowering revenue and spent like a drunken sailor, as you all say. How was this possible?

[​IMG]

5. qbee42

qbee42 My other car is a boat

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    You guys want to take this over to Fred's House of Politics? A discussion of budgets and economics is one thing, but once we start laying blame this thread is going to become ugly in record time.

Tom

2 people like this.
  6. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Absolutely!

This thread was about how big a bilion is. Who's responsible for the debt and the state of the economy is a discussion that belongs over in the politics forum!!!

7. hyo silver

hyo silver Awaaaaay

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Politics is a disease. The afflicted should be confined to their own ward.

1 person likes this.