1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

How accurate is the consumption on the Prius for mpg?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Fuel Economy' started by Banksy, May 2, 2020.

1. Philjj

Philjj Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    ----Australia----
    Above all you don't have to do anything special for incredible fuel economy, just drive normally, the Prius will do everything for you. If for nothing else than not to annoy everyone else on the road. I occasionally blast teen racers and everyone else from the traffic lights by turning off air con, holding the brake on and the accelerator to just engage the electric motor, then drop the brake and fully accelerate at the light change, I am a good 10 to 12 lengths ahead before most get into second gear, very satisfying and enlightening for others about electric engines and the amazing Prius.

ydpplqbd likes this.
  2. ILuvMyPriusToo

ILuvMyPriusToo Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    II
    At the end of the summer, my MPGs have improved consistently by about 5 mpg (into the low 60s). I'm thinking that with an abundance of petroleum supply and low prices, ethanol blending has been reduced or eliminated to redirect corn-based ethanol supplies to hand sanitizers and other supplies because of the pandemic. I'm in the mid-Atlantic near Philly. Anyone else seeing this effect?