1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

How are your floor mats wearing?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Sufferin' Prius Envy, Nov 11, 2005.

1. windstrings

windstrings Certified Prius Breeder

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Your the first one I've seen who has commented so about the ivory or 'beige" I assume you speaking?.. I have heard and even been told that every spot shows up on the darker greys and or blacks and that beige did better!...
    I understand how coffee could really do a number on beige, but I was curious what type of stain you were talking about?

and what is your opinion about someone who could still make a choice between beige or grey.. based on your esperience dealing with stains.... it sounds like you prefer the grey?

2. naterprius

naterprius Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid

Holy Cow! Where did you find the black Asics? (Itching to order!)

Nate

3. naterprius

naterprius Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    No one would ever mistake me for a pachyderm! I'm 6'5", 260 lbs, size 16EE foot.

Hey, wait a minute...

LOL!

Nate

4. mikepaul

mikepaul Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I had $10 plastic mats from AutoZone for quite a while, then when the black all-weather form-fitted Toyota mats started showing up, I got a set of those. Never any wear, but the AutoZone driver's mat never did stay put...

5. 3c3

3c3 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Is that from Toyota dealer? How much? 4 pieces? Thanks.

6. rogerSC

rogerSC Member

In my 2005 there's a could of hooks that go through the mat on the driver's side that keep the mat from moving around. It's worked in my car so far, just looks a little odd, but quite functional.

I guess the earlier model didn't have these?

-Roger

7. SW03ES

SW03ES Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I've had both grey and tan interiors, grey really looks bad when it gets stained up for some reason, but the ivory does too. I think you're probably equally in trouble as far as staining with the two, grey probably hides more.

Think about the ivory as beige carpeting in a super super high traffic area of your house. It looks great when its new, but it starts to get dingy quickly.

My Lexus has a black interior, and I will from here on out not buy anything without a black interior. Dust and stuff shows up more, but if you wash it every week and vacuum it out well like you should anyways its not an issue, and staining just plain isn't a problem.

The staining we have is just from general use, dirty and wet shoes etc. Nothings been spilled in the car at all. The front mats have been steam cleaned once but it didn't last long unfortunately.

What is fortunate though is that they ARE floormats, and thats what they're for. $150 and they're replaced. Even if you had to do that every 2 years or so, thats not that big a deal. I wouldn't worry about it.