1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

How bad are we? The CRIME thread...

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by Mystery Squid, Mar 6, 2006.

?
  1. Murder

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Assault

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Arson

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Cruelty to animals

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Grand Theft Auto

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Selling drugs (excluding MJ)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Breaking and entering

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Theft over $5,000

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Theft over $1000

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. Theft over $500

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. Theft over $100

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  12. Theft under $100

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  13. Intentionally bounced checks

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  14. Battery

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  15. None, the Vatican is pursuing my Sainthood

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Mystery Squid

Mystery Squid Junior Member

hehe...

No.

:p

2. Mystery Squid

Mystery Squid Junior Member

I always suspected you of secretly being the biggest, baddest, THUG on PC! Your hooliganism knows no bounds does it?

3. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Most of the people who have heard the story of my crimes (not counting the speeding) fall into one or another of two groups. Either they say something like, "Right on, way to go dude!!!" or they say something like, "You ought to have your kneecaps shot off for that!" A smaller number say something like, "They called that a crime? Give me a break!" I don't see myself as a bad-nice person at all, though I heard indirectly after one incident that the arresting officers saw me that way, for the cool, calm, and collected way I behaved, offering no resistance, and no appology, and speaking calmly as though we were just having a friendly argument over whether or not what I had done was prohibited by the law or required by it. My arguments were all respectful and verbal. Their argument was to handcuff me and drag me off. But I don't think even they would have used the word "thug." I think that's usually reserved for people who employ violence to gain their ends, and none of my crimes has ever hurt anyone, or ever placed anyone in danger of being hurt.

4. zapranoth

zapranoth New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    No, Squid.

I mean, "Fleeing And Eluding" is not a POLL CHOICE.

You took it as a personal question. Sorry.

:lol:

5. bgdrewsif

bgdrewsif New Member

Phoenix, Arizona (formerly Bowling Green, Ohio)
    Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Umm, why is selling marajuana not considered 'selling drugs'... as far as Im concerned you sell drugs you ought to be given the harshest sentence possible... regardless of drug... the laws and punishments in the US are WAAAY to lenient... thats why we have more people in Prison than entire countires have in their populations... Make prison a terrifying idea again, not a refuge from the streets or another hangout to keep on wheeling and dealing... we dont need prisons... we need gulags... (as far as Im concerned anything beyond littering or speeding can be given the same punishemt as murder, watch the crime rates in this country go down then...)

6. Schmika

Schmika New Member

What a great opportunity to present my manifesto on how to eliminate violent crime AND appease the do gooders.

Note: this only applies to violent crime.

We, as Americans, tend to believe that everyone gets a second chance. So, here it is. One year in prison is the MAXIMUM sentence. BUT, regardless of the sentence, every day the prisoner is told.."If you EVER commit a violent crime again and are convicted, you will be executed immediately....NO APPEALS"

Every day, they are told this until the day they are released. Then, voila', if they commit another vilent criime...DO IT!

I predict violent crime will go down 98%. (Hey, at least 2% of the people are REALLY stupid.

I GUARAN-Damn- TEE-it!

7. bgdrewsif

bgdrewsif New Member

Phoenix, Arizona (formerly Bowling Green, Ohio)
    Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I agree 110%! (Yet anytime I express such thoughts im called a nazi... If that mean having a common sense solution to crime then I guess i am...

8. Schmika

Schmika New Member

I never understand why this upsets people. EVERYONE gets a second chance and is told in unequivical langage what consequences are. No ambiguity. Pure personal choice.

Remember this the next time some slime on probation or parole kills or molests some innocent child.

9. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Schmika @ Mar 28 2006, 09:07 PM) [snapback]231746[/snapback]</div>
    There's a practical problem with this approach: Half of the people convicted of any given crime are actually innocent, and half of the people charged and acquitted are actually guilty; and the halves are skewed so that rich people are almost always acquited and poor people are almost always convicted.

Your plan would result in a random death lottery for poor people. There are folks who like that idea. Our country fought a war against them shortly before I was born. In fact, for me personally, the strongest argument against the death penalty is that our courts are so utterly incapable of determining whether a person is actually guilty or innocent.

10. Capt132

Capt132 New Member

Your choices are too limited. The Vatican is the closest thing for me.