1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

How Can a Prius Pay for Itself?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by dvdirv, Jul 13, 2006.

1. Cheap!

Cheap! New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Punkinann @ Jul 14 2006, 04:41 AM) [snapback]286137[/snapback]</div>
    I don’t have a problem with the seat. I’m not sure if it is some kind of upgrade or not. It has some kind of “liquicell†comfort technology build in the seat. I find it comfortable on long trips. It could use lumbar support though.

The fact that it accelerates like a V4 is fine with me. It accelerates like a V8, V10, V12, V16, or even a V2 motorcycle. Each and everyone of them goes from 0 to 60 mph in abut 30 seconds. Don’t believe me?
    Get in any car and let me drive, I’ll show you.

I did get the nav system so my car speaks more languages than me, suggests places to eat when I'm hungry, and cools the car for me when I say so, so I don’t have to push all of those complicated buttons.

The smartkey is great, and so is the blue-tooth to my phone. I never have to look for my keys or phone, I just leave them in my briefcase.

I don't have a name for my car but I do for the voice and I call the nav system the "Oracle."

As in, "Let’s consult the Oracle."

On a road trip my wife said "We have to find a place to mail these post cards."
    "No problem let’s consult the Oracle"
    It was a block away in a direction we never would have gone. Now that is "LUXURY!"

2. Cheap!

Cheap! New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(IsrAmeriPrius @ Jul 14 2006, 11:01 AM) [snapback]286228[/snapback]</div>
    Tanks for that I did not know it was an I4. (Inline 4 cylinder)
    My Jeep Grand Cherokee is an I6 and I was told it is built like a farm tractor engine. “That engine should last 400,000 miles†I was told. The inline orientation keeps the vibrations coming in the same direction like a beach that never loses shoreline. However the V6 ends up with cross vibrations that start to shake the engine violently depending on acceleration or deceleration. Like a beach that erodes every year because the wave hits it from odd angles.

No wonder the Prius has such a good track record with it's ICE.

Thanks.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Alnilam @ Jul 14 2006, 11:05 AM) [snapback]286230[/snapback]</div>
    :lol: :lol: :lol: :D