1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

how can I eliminate key fob

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by archibald tuttle, Jul 29, 2023.

1. archibald tuttle

archibald tuttle Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    so maybe the FOB came out in the car but it is far enough from the ignition not to be seen now. the car started when i left but doesn't see the key now! Remotely conceivable it came out of my pocket after i parked although short straight walk to house an can't find it. I'm trying to think back to when I left. The car is also very bad about shutting off when you hit the button. you have to hold it hard for maybe 4 or 5 seconds. so sometimes I don't hold it long enough and accidentally leave the car on. And if I just tapped the button when I got in the car, it might have been on already and I didn't notice. Yes, if I was paying attention to dash lights I would know, but I admit that you hit the button by reflex and keep thinking about other things.

Where precisely is the SKS switch. That would have solved my problem . I wish I knew about it and switched it after i lost the first FOB.

2. ColoradoCrow

ColoradoCrow Active Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    I
    See Post 20. on the first page.

bisco likes this.
  3. Tombukt2

Tombukt2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    So if you're having to hold the button to turn the car off do you also not have a display the shift pattern miles per hour gas gauge usually when you have to hold the button to turn the car off it's because of the display problem?