1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

How can I get the homelink to program successfully?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by WilliamKF, Aug 19, 2012.

1. WilliamKF

WilliamKF New Member

I'm trying to program my 2007 Prius to open my garage door. I succeeded doing this for my 2006 Highlander with no problems. However, for the prius, I cannot get the car to work as described in the manual and suspect something is broken or some fuse is blown. The mirror is where the 3 programable controls are located.
    I tried with the adaptive mirror darkening turned both on and off. When it is on, the button between the first and second homelink buttons glows solid green, when the mirror is off this led is off.
    When holding the remote next to the mirror with battery side pointing away from the mirror and holding the remote within 1 to 3 inches of the mirror, I simultaneously hold the button I want to program and the garage door opener down for over 20 seconds, but the led never changes. Note my garage has a rotating code as I discovered doing the 2006, but I cannot even get to the second step.
    I also tried to reset the homelink and erase everything by holding down programable buttons one and three simultaneously for 20 seconds but not more than 30 per the manual, but again, no LED response as described in the manual.
    What is going wrong and how can I get this resolved so that I can successfully program my remote into the car?

2. Dino3721

Dino3721 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    I saw a video that showed pressing the far left button and far right button together for 20 seconds or so to clear out previous codes. I just programmed mine (mine has rolling codes) by holding both the remote 3 inches form the mirror. I held them down for 20-30 seconds and then the light flashed fast. To operate the remote on the mirror I have to hold the button for about 2 seconds- then the door goes up. I was surprised it worked, I have struggled with lost remotes to get them programmed to the opener. Good luck. Search youtube for "program Homelink". That is where I saw the clear codes video.

3. JC91006

JC91006 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    The programming in your highlander and prius should be the same. I found that the prius needs a super close proximity in programming the remote. The original remote has to be literally touching the button you are programming. It has to be that close......

SM-N900P ?

4. ronjuan

ronjuan Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    I have had many problems with this.. Is there a learn button on your garage opener? If so that is the best way to program it not with the remote