1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

How can I remove hatchback latch wiring.

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by Joe Helfrich, Jan 5, 2019.

1. Joe Helfrich

Joe Helfrich New Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    While transporting a bunch of stuff from my kid's room, some tiny craft bead got stuck in the hatchback latch, so it won't close. I've gotten a replacement and pulled the rear trim apart, but I can't figure out how to remove the existing wiring, which is run through some black clips that look like they might be one time use.

Is my best bet just to cut the existing wire off the broken part and pull the remnants through? I could then use zip ties to attach the new wire to the existing tie downs so the wire would be secure.

I'm also not sure how to remove the electrical connector, which is snapped into the frame. This picture shows the existing connector on the top, and the bottom of the new connector below, with the bit that snaps into the frame

Thanks!

2. Pluggo

Pluggo Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Cut the wire strap, push the lock tab while pulling and wiggling the connectors apart.

Raytheeagle likes this.