1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

How Can We Help Darfur?

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by Wildkow, Dec 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mystery Squid

Mystery Squid Junior Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Stev0 @ Dec 3 2006, 12:31 PM) [snapback]356946[/snapback]</div>

:lol:

2. Wildkow

Wildkow New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Dragonfly @ Dec 3 2006, 08:31 AM) [snapback]356967[/snapback]</div>
    Are these board rules or are they special rules for db alone? How do you make this rule jive with polls which are basically open ended questions? There are plenty of posts from posters here that state a question and ask for an opinion or in some way offer up a subject for discussion without stating a position. Mizra's is the most recent . . . http://priuschat.com/Correlation-between-M...ers-t26947.html Again I refer you to db's http://priuschat.com/Is-Hate-Speech-Protec...ech-t26972.html post. This is a good example of asking an open ended question and awaiting responses. For crying out loud this kind of response and the replies in support of it are because someone has a different POV. This is FHOP and we are in most cases discussing politics so if'n ya can't stand the heat get out of the kitchen, don't answer the post or change the rules across the board so that everyone has a level playing field.

Wildkow

p.s. Your right I should heed the warning and I may or may not get banned but if the mod's can't handle a little prodding to play fair with others that have a different POV then what kind of mod's are they? I challenge anyone here to show me where db has broken the rules of this board or in any way behaved differently than any other poster here. Awaiting your thoughts.

3. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

Exactly.
    I have proved it many, many times.

4. Stev0

Stev0 Honorary Hong Kong Cavalier

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mystery Squid @ Dec 3 2006, 12:04 PM) [snapback]356972[/snapback]</div>
    Don't worry, I lump you in with them, too.

5. Wildkow

Wildkow New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Dragonfly @ Dec 3 2006, 10:19 AM) [snapback]357003[/snapback]</div>
    No all you have done is yelled Liar, Liar pants on fire as many times as possible in an effort to make it stick. BTW that’s a personal attack which is against the board rules but the mod's have done nothing about it. As I have pointed out before most of the posts that you cited are his opinions and were stated as such. The mod's have judged that correctly and have done nothing about it because quite frankly you were wrong. However in this case I believe the mod's were wrong. I know that Evan doesn't like this kind of post in public but I disagree and believe it should be aired in public. He can PM me and ask me to stop and I will reconsider or he can ban me that is the mod's prerogative. In any case I have spoken out about something I think is unfair and will continue this practice through out my life until I draw my last breath. By putting it in the public domain I hope to curtail further and future actions of a like nature. How can anyone object to that? If they do then post the reasons why.

Wildkow

p.s. Mizra put up a post without clarifying his issues, stating his position or opinion on the matter. Besides who cares if someone doesn't do that? For crying out loud grow up, most of us are adults here, don't answer the post, put him on ignore do something other than censoring the post. db and many others here have strong opinions that's what FHOP is for, as stated in the rules.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Stev0 @ Dec 3 2006, 07:31 AM) [snapback]356946[/snapback]</div>
    Apology accepted. Could you please post some of the stuff from db and Suffering that are any different from yours or dozen's of others on this board or are you the type that casts baseless dispersions? I don't believe you are so awaiting your thoughs and posts on this matter. <_<

Wildkow

6. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    this thread smells like dirty laundry... :unsure:

7. MarinJohn

MarinJohn Senior Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Norman H. Renehan @ Dec 3 2006, 12:05 AM) [snapback]356884[/snapback]</div>
    The question on it's surface is innocuous, but the OP has a way of presenting a situation, asking for thoughts, then ripping responses to shreds while rarely presenting his own opinions to be open to dissection. The motivation thus becomes suspect. When anyone posts enough (me included) the readers get a feeling/reading about the real motivation of the poster. Apparently the OP has run afoul of enough readers to be constantly called to the mat both by other contributors and mods alike. If I were the OP and wanted to be respected in this community I would at least consider my motivations and methods. Perhaps they are not evident to many as sincere. If I were constantly called on the reliability of my posts (word) I may consider reformulating my methods of writing skills. To reach the most readers and gain their respect I would consider revising my communication skills to grab the reader and cause them to think instead of automatically react. Then again, perhaps the OP mostly posts for the reactions and considers a flame a badge of pride. I can't say. So, you see, this is not a "politically correct issue" to be avoided. The fault/debate doesn't so much lie in the topic as the tried (tired) and true method of the OP to offend.

8. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MarinJohn @ Dec 3 2006, 01:31 PM) [snapback]357045[/snapback]</div>
    Bing, bing, bing!!! We have a winner. While there is no chisled in stone rule against posting a thread in this form Dr. Berman has shown a propensity to post in this manner with, apparently, the sole intent of instigating a nasty exchange. He presents no facts, no personal view to be directly addressed, sets the trap, then upon the first tiny slip up saying something potentially disagreeable pounces upon that individual, or those individuals. It is, in essence, flame baiting.

Tony is wise enough to recognize that, close a thead to make the point, did nothing to censor the OP at all...he said nothing, therefore there was nothing to censor.

Finally, and this isn't a "rule" either, but you might as well consider it one. We're not going to allow direct complaints of individual moderator actions on the open forum. It serves no purpose and can't end positively. If you feel a moderator's actions were inappropriate, illegal, immoral or whatever then write to the moderator group as a whole, Danny directly, or to another moderator you feel comfortable addressing the issue with...clearly explain and provide precedence and we'll give it fair consideration.

General policies can be carefully broached (ie. "Should open ended questions without any point of view or background be permitted in the Fred's forum?"), but no direct contradictions or arguements calling out any individual mod. We work far too hard keeping this a welcoming place and don't need to put up with public reprimands....Kow, whether you like this or not that's the way it's going to be....don't like it then move on to another forum that's more to your liking....this is NOT up for debate.

PriusChat is NOT a democracy. We don't follow those rules. We are pretty freaking open and you'll have a hard time finding other forums this open and yet this welcoming and community like. But to achieve this we mods have to make judgement calls on some issues. Tony made one. Dr. Berman was free to repost within the standards Tony listed, but Kow decided to make a supreme court case about it in the public. I fully support what Tony's trying to do in this regard.

This thread is, hereby, closed. The discussion is ended (don't start another thread) and let's just try to get along and handle things like grownups.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.