1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

How cool is your Gen 3 Prius

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by The Phoenix, Feb 18, 2019.

1. RMB

RMB Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Three
  2. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Our OEM fogs. They're totally useless btw:

IMG_0083.JPG

Raytheeagle likes this.
  3. The Phoenix

The Phoenix Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four Touring
    No I want them I use an H11 LED bulb and make them bright and useful. If you have them, I'm jealous. I'm not sure if you were stating you had them to sell or just that you had them on your vehicle. I want the OEMs so that fitment is not an issue, so far my search has not been very fruitful, and I was leaning towards those LEDs being day time running lights, I believe that tiny little bulb, sticking straight up in the headlight housing is day time running light as well. I will show a picture about how I made my 08 Pruis fog lights more useful. I also have some questions now that I have my 2011. Sorry just looked I have no picture with the fogs in, I will get one soon

4. The Phoenix

The Phoenix Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four Touring
    I picked up my 2011 Prius this morning. I am generally satisfied, but I really miss being able to use the back hatch with just a button. On my 08 there is a little black button and it allowed me to lock and unlock with the smart key just being in my pocket I'm not able to do this. Although I did not read the entire manual, I think my trim level 2 does not have that option. I also noticed a tiny little light up by the map lights that always seems to be on. I took a picture. If anyone knows what this is please let me know. Any other helpful hints about how to adjust from my 08 to my 11 please let me know. Also I dont have a back up camera and I really miss it already. Has anyone purchased an after market wireless one? Looking forward to hearing any and all information anyone has. Thank you very much.

5. Raytheeagle

Raytheeagle Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    The light above the front cabin area is a small light that illuminates the shifter and cup holder area;).

The trim level 2 is the basic version, so no features like the touch to lock feature at the hatch.

I’ve had the trim level 2 for our 2010 for almost 10 years and gotten used to the basic, reliable transportation that a Prius is:).

Enjoy your new to you Prius (y).

6. The Phoenix

The Phoenix Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four Touring
    So here is the little light in question:

Also I just remembered I plugged my scan gauge in and now the two readouts on the right dont even show up, has anyone else experienced this?

20190223_174211.jpg 20190223_170711.jpg

7. Mendel Leisk

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Not sure if I'm "you"? If so, don't be jealous: OEM bulbs are not LED, and very ineffectual.

I think that's the little floodlight for the shifter, only on with the parkers or head lights.

8. The Phoenix

The Phoenix Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four Touring
    That's so weird the shifter is halfway down the console and that light is way up there. I know the OEM halogens aren't really good. When I get some extra money, like when I sell my 08 Prius, I want to replace all my headlights with LEDs, replace the stock horns with something more aggressive sounding, put in foglights and install a LED light bar. That's what I did to my 08 and I really liked it.

Mendel Leisk likes this.
  9. Mendel Leisk

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    It's aimed good; hold your hand above the shifter to see it go into shadow. :)

10. The Phoenix

The Phoenix Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four Touring
    I will actually try that tomorrow night :)

Raytheeagle likes this.
  11. mikey_t

mikey_t Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I'm curious about this as well.

12. Mendel Leisk

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    FWIW, our CDN Touring back up camera displays in the rear view mirror; might be an easier install. Still, I'd rank it second, a close second behind the fog lights, for uselessness: it's fun-house wide-angle perspective and lack of guidelines makes it little more than novelty.

13. The Phoenix

The Phoenix Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four Touring
    I'm looking at wireless ones that seem easier to install. There are ones that strap over your current rearview mirror and versions that use a stand alone monitor like a GPS unit. The wireless ones range from $40 to $120. I am still doing research.

mikey_t likes this.