1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

How do I access the factory AUX-in (in the center console) with aftermarket headunit?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by taupehat, Apr 22, 2017.

Tags:
  1. taupehat

taupehat Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I've got a 2013 trim two, and have installed an aftermarket headunit. The only non-working part I can't figure out yet is how to regain access to the aux patch under the armrest. I'm sure it's just a matter of jumping a couple cables on one of the factory harnesses, but which ones?

2. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Assuming no wire harness difference from a 2012 with Denso nav, you'd be looking for three consecutive pins connected to black, white, and red wires, contained in a shield that is grounded to another pin not in line with those three. (In the 2012 wiring diagram, they are pins in connector L130, the black, white, and red are pins 26, 27, and 28, and the shield goes to pin 11.) Black is right, red is left, white the common signal ground. If you can use it, there's another white wire to pin 25 that can tell you when something is or isn't plugged into the aux jack (it conducts through a certain resistance to the shield in one state, not in the other).

But check the wiring diagram for you own year and model in case of any question.

-Chap