1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

How do i disconnect this

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by Nick pakhnyuk, Dec 30, 2016.

1. Nick pakhnyuk

Nick pakhnyuk Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    How do I remove this connector off my seatbelt 1483079547141.jpg

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    any luck with this yet?

3. Elektroingenieur

Elektroingenieur Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three Touring
    Yellow color-coding indicates wiring and connectors associated with supplemental restraint systems (SRS), such as airbags, seat belt pretensioners, or their associated sensors.

Toyota’s Repair Manual for the 2013 Prius explains how to release the locking mechanism for the pretensioner connector in the photo. I don’t mean to be unhelpful, but I’m not sure I should share only that information here, since anyone working on SRS parts needs to refer to the same manual for other important safety instructions. One essential precaution is to disconnect the negative (–) terminal of the auxiliary battery and then wait at least 90 seconds before starting work, but there are others, too numerous to reproduce here.

For the original poster is in Portland, Oregon, note that the Portland Public Library—like many others—sponsors free access for its patrons to the ChiltonLibrary database, which includes most of the text and illustrations from the Repair Manual. After selecting 2013 Toyota Prius, look under Repair > Body > Interior > Seat Belt > Front Seat Outer Belt Assembly and Repair > Chassis Electrical > Supplemental Restraint Systems > Airbag System > Precaution. The manual is also available by subscription to techinfo.toyota.com.

4. tankyuong

tankyuong Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    II
    i would slide the green part out and pull connector off

5. JC91006

JC91006 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    If the airbag has not deployed, you can pry slowly the yellow part out a little, then you should be able to unplug it.

If the airbag has deployed, you can't unplug it