1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

How do I download Eliminate Backup Beep CSV??

Discussion in 'Gen 1 Prius Plug-in 2012-2015' started by DBarkley01, Mar 31, 2022.

1. DBarkley01

DBarkley01 New Member

Vehicle:
    2020 Prius
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I have a 2020 Toyota Prius Prime. Trying to eliminate backup beep. Purchased Veepeak OBDCheck BLE+. Torque Pro, viewed video from this web site. Just need to download CSV file - but no success. Closest I've been able to find file is with Google Photos owned by PriusChat, but access denited even after requesting access.

Admittedly, this area of technology is unfamiliar ground. Would appreciate any advice. I have a dog that won't ride in the Prius because the beeps scare her so badly.

Thanks for any help.

2. LeviSmith

LeviSmith Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    I'd try the Dr Prius app. It's just a checkbox in special features on my 2013 plug-in.

3. N.J.PRIUS

N.J.PRIUS Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Sorry to read about your dog not liking the back-up beep. It IS a safety feature designed so you do not back into anything or anyone. I have clients while talking on the telephone tell me how horrible the beeping is while on a business call! Good luck with your results.

4. BiomedO1

BiomedO1 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    LE
    While I agree with you in principal. It's useless in the real world, since it's an internal beep - NOT external; like on delivery trucks. Your not allowed to totally disable it - only change it to a single audible beep; to confirm your in reverse.

@DBarkley01; here's the procedure - if you can get your OBD to talk to the Dr Prius app. Dr. Prius & the 2021 Prime LE | PriusChat

5. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Well, it's "intent" is to warn the driver, not people behind you. Still, I think it falls short regarding it's intended purpose, at least for me: think I need a voice repeatedly saying "you're in reverse". Or an old-school shifter; never had a problem with those. At least not that I can remember... :unsure: